PDA

View Full Version : ALTRA SHOES- 7-31 amazon deal of the day

Just Bill
07-31-2015, 12:47
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_11471801011_gb1h_tit_c-2_0222_f5e1f2c8?rh=i%3Afashion%2Cn%3A11471801011%2 Cn%3A11471801011&ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&node=11471801011&field-enc-merchantbin=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Half off some Altras (including the Lone Peak 2) for today only.
$60 to try a very popular LD hiking shoe if you've been on the fence.

FYI- men's instinct- meh... it's an okay casual shoe.
Paradigm mens and womens... never tried them but they are well reviewed.

I'm a prime member so free returns for me... same for all I think?

SteelCut
07-31-2015, 13:22
Sweet deal. I picked up a pair of the Lone Peak 2.

ChrisJackson
07-31-2015, 14:00
Thanks for the heads up...grabbed a pair of the Lone Peak II...

Coffee
07-31-2015, 14:36
Anyone know how these compare to Cascadias? It is a great price and I've heard good things about these shoes.

Just Bill
07-31-2015, 15:22
Anyone know how these compare to Cascadias? It is a great price and I've heard good things about these shoes.
Other than same purpose and both being very popular shoes of similiar weight and cush level... The Altra Zero Drop and overall design is very different.
I've never used cascadias and I'm not sure you'd find many who have used both. Since going zero drop with merrell and altra I don't like anything more than a 4mm heel anymore.

Both are very good shoes for a very similar end use... but how they get there is very different.

Just Bill
07-31-2015, 15:24
Malto is a cascadia guy... I don't think he's ever gone to the "zero side" though.
Anish, Snorkel, and quite a few others I can think of are big Altra folks/ambassadors... but brooks has quite their own squad of folks too.

If there is an Altra shoe though that makes the most sense for backpackers it's the Lone Peak.

Mobius
07-31-2015, 16:42

The toe box is wider than the Cascadias. That's good for me but may not be for you.

I had some heel slip on the LonePeakII that were causing blisters (something I almost never get) until I re-laced the shoes with a different cross-over style. They've been pretty good for me since then but I haven't put as many miles on them.

I've torn the nubby soles off both pairs of my Cascadia's within the first 150 miles of each pair. I repaired them with Shoe-goo and that seems to be holding them together just fine. I haven't had the Lone Peak soles get torn up yet.

SteelCut
08-04-2015, 07:33
My Lone Peak 2.0's arrived yesterday. Went for my usual run and I have to say I really like these over my Cascadia's based on my initial impression (although that's not a negative on the Cascadia's). This is my first experience with a zero drop shoe and I like how it forces you into a mid-foot strike. I want to see how I continue to like these as I run in them more.

The toe box is wider than the Cascadias.

At first I felt like I was wearing clown shoes and although I have narrow feet, I find the toe box very comfortable but I don't feel like I'm swimming in the shoes.