PDA

View Full Version : Senior Sloggers Needed

maddog56
08-01-2015, 11:33
Having spent a few of my formative years in Idaho and Alaska, where hikers are to be found on every street corner, I am now retired and live in the alpine paradise of Mobile, AL where hikers are not to be found on every street corner. I chose Whiteblaze.net to post this message because it is about nothing but all things hiking. Facebook.com and MeetUp.com seem to be overkill. My previous group of hiking buds has disintegrated, by death, divorce, low-T, or worse. I am staring the big 60 down and would like to re-tool a loosely knitted group of similarly aged, like minded guys, only guys so says my wife, who believe they have a few more good hikes in the tank. Preferably the ideal candidate would be retired, not in a hurry, is physically fit, and somewhat experienced in long distance hiking and wilderness backcountry ways and who can afford to be away from home for up to two to three weeks at a time. With any luck we would assemble for planning and executing the occasional summer expedition, with an emphasis on locations west of the Mississippi, i.e. Wyoming, Alaska, and British Columbia to name some high on my list. If you are from the Mobile, AL viewing area, or know someone from this neck of the woods, that would like to get together for these reasons please send a private message to maddog56 and I will coordinate from there.