PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard Rock, north of Damascus!!!

Almost There
11-24-2005, 03:23
Beware of this area as some smart ass has decided to take a post with a white blaze and lean it against the rock outcropping. It will be the first thing you see as you follow the blaze up and over the formation. It is a fake and will lead you down into a steep ravine. Both myself and Orange Bug got faked and had to climb hand over hand back out of it.:datz Do not go into the ravine!!! Instead turn to your left and you will see the trail and a blaze on the ground, except there's snow up there now!!! I think Lone Wolf might being going up there to remove the offending post. Just wanted to throw the warning out to all still north of Damascus!!!

orangebug
11-24-2005, 10:21
What really sucked about that moved post - there is trash at the bottom of the ravine that looks like more blazing. Probably, these were beer cans. It starts out looking like a bit of Mt Albert of Agony Grind downhill, but quickly turns malignant. I felt like I was caught in a roach motel.

And please, don't ask why neither AT or I pushed the post over. Once nearly out of the thing, I was too whipped to go back down and finish the deed.