PDA

View Full Version : Water sources between Swatara and Delaware Water Gap

twosticks
08-04-2015, 17:41
Hey All,
Taking a trip soon from Swatara to the Gap and I was wondering how the springs were running. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance!!

Twosticks

twosticks
08-11-2015, 09:24
Just aheads up for anyone going this way. The water is great and plentiful. Happy Hiking.

Hey All,
Taking a trip soon from Swatara to the Gap and I was wondering how the springs were running. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance!!

Twosticks

illabelle
08-11-2015, 09:53
Off-topic, I know....

Your question reminded me of a guy we encountered last spring a little south of Port Clinton. Poor thing was carrying a VERY heavy pack with all sorts of things tied to it, including a bow and arrows, because he "didn't have hardly no money", and he was "just going to hunt to feed himself" on his way to Georgia. We told him we'd seen a few squirrels and that was pretty much it. He asked us about whether there were places to fish (we were finishing up a section from Duncannon to Pt C), and we told him him about the Swatara and the Susquehanna. That's a whole lot of walking between meals! Haha.

Fortunately, we persuaded him to get off the trail and go back home. He had no clue what he was doing.