PDA

View Full Version : Six Moon Design Lunar Solo LE-Review and setup

ryjohnson09
08-12-2015, 13:38
Haven't field tested it yet but I'm slowly falling in love with this tent. Super light weight, trekking pole setup, and enough room for my gear! Check out my review and setup instructions (https://microhiking.wordpress.com/2015/08/12/six-moon-design-lunar-solo-le-review-and-setup-2015/):

v1k1ng1001
08-15-2015, 20:12
My brother bought one this summer and it's very nice. Takes a little practice getting the pitch right at first but after that its a great value.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cobble
08-15-2015, 20:45
I'm torn between this tent and the notch. Love the space in the lunar, but concerned about the condensation, difficult/slow pitch. Heard some stories about SMD that didn't inspire confidence either.

Notch is a faster pitch in the rain, but is more expensive and seems a little cramped. Don't mind my indecision...sorry.

v1k1ng1001
08-18-2015, 13:05
I'm torn between this tent and the notch. Love the space in the lunar, but concerned about the condensation, difficult/slow pitch. Heard some stories about SMD that didn't inspire confidence either.

Notch is a faster pitch in the rain, but is more expensive and seems a little cramped. Don't mind my indecision...sorry.
If space is a concern check out light heart gears solo and solong. I love my solong but it cost me.

The notch is nice and I dig the modular flexibility but I wouldn't fit.

The big selling point of the Lunar Solo is that it requires only one pole. It's not that difficult to pitch once you get the hang of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don H
08-18-2015, 14:16
I thrued using the Lunar Solo, it was a great tent and it held up great. I still use it almost every month, it's 5 years old and still doing well.

Vegan Packer
08-19-2015, 01:51
Just got back from my second series of hikes with my SMD Skyscape Trekker. 24 ounces. Uses trekking poles or you can buy tent poles for it. I have the same stake kit as in your review. Roomy inside, and it allows me to sit up without hitting the top. Sets up quickly. Great bang for the buck.