PDA

View Full Version : I'm missing the Trail

Cotton Terry
08-15-2015, 09:26
I only hiked a short Section of the trail this spring - The Amicalola Falls Approach Trail to Neel's Gap. But since then, I've longed to be back there as though the white blaze is singing the siren song of Ulysses. Once or twice I've told my wife, "I wish I was hiking the AT." She doesn't quite know how to take that and can't really relate. So, now I keep it to myself. But, I wish I was hiking the AT. I'm going to do another Section next spring, probably Neel's Gap to Hot Springs, NC, and I cannot wait.

Malto
08-15-2015, 10:39
Only once or twice? Darn near every morning as I'm walking to work my mind drifts off to a long trail. one day, my feet will follow.

misterfloyd
08-15-2015, 11:27
God I miss it every day.

It is the ONE thing that gets me through the school year.

My wife hears me say it All the time.

You are not alone

saltysack
08-16-2015, 14:38
Yep...pretty common! I can tell you how many hours till I head out to California....jmt here I come!!! Wish I had more than two weeks on trail!!! My wife thinks I'm nuts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saltysack
08-16-2015, 14:42
569 hours til take off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centerfieldr162
08-16-2015, 14:49
I've been thinking all day about how I miss the trail and it's only been a week since I was out there. I feel your pain

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LittleRock
08-17-2015, 08:41
I have the number of days until my next section hike marked on my wall calendar at work. Whenever my wife gets on my nerves (thankfully not too often!), I gently remind her how many days are left.

Gambit McCrae
08-17-2015, 09:25
I miss the North Shmokies section I did this spring, Met some great people. Mass is now just around the corner and Shannies in the spring time. I have now hiked pretty much all the trail that is easy to drive to (<4 hours) so my trips have really dropped off the past month.

Cobble
08-17-2015, 09:33
Ahh Springer Fever in its truest form, the never ending longing for the wild.