PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Hiking Partner

SwimBikeRun
08-17-2015, 19:55
Hello,

I am new to the site and posted something last week but I either didn’t get a response or I don’t know how to find what I posted. I am looking for advice on how to find a hiking partner- in a safe way. I am hoping to do a thru hike Early March and finish within 3.5- 4 months. Not sure if that is too hard of a goal. The only part of the trail I have hiked is Katahdin and that was pretty tiring- not sure if I could do that every day straight for 4 months. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4eyes
08-17-2015, 20:08
You should push it up to mid/late feb and start with me!

SwimBikeRun
08-17-2015, 21:23
I could start March 1. My lease ends February 28th and I felt like that would be a good time to start. What are your plans as far as start and finish time? Any chance you would push it back?

4eyes
08-18-2015, 06:22
I am open to pushing it back, esp if the weather is pretty bad in mid feb. I had planned for a mid feb start as long as there wasn't a couple of feet of snow on the ground. I am a pretty speedy hiker, as soon as I get my trail legs back. I really have no time constraints, quitting work in feb and I'll be free as a bird....

SwimBikeRun
08-18-2015, 08:33
I would like to learn more about you and your history before I meet some random person in the woods- but im definitely interested. Any suggestions on how that could happen? I don't mean we have to meet in person. I just don't want to end up on dateline :)

Hoofit
08-18-2015, 08:43
I don' t believe that you would be sporting a 'happy face', if you had ended up on Dateline........
Jus saying....
Best of luck with the hike!

4eyes
08-18-2015, 09:59
I would like to learn more about you and your history before I meet some random person in the woods- but im definitely interested. Any suggestions on how that could happen? I don't mean we have to meet in person. I just don't want to end up on dateline :)

Hahaha yes, likewise. I'll PM you my contact info.

SwimBikeRun
08-18-2015, 13:28
Hoofit that was the point. I don't want to get stolen :)

SwimBikeRun
08-18-2015, 13:30
Sounds good thanks

evan_rolltide
08-21-2015, 19:28
Just start the trail when you want to. There will be plenty of people about there and you will naturally fall in with those whose company you enjoy.