PDA

View Full Version : Toaks light ti 550ml pot

sethd513
08-26-2015, 18:54
30$ on Amazon. Check it out. Just got this with a nock off pocket rocket to replace my msr windboiler which I love but is heavy. ive never owned anything but the msr so I had my doubts on this set up. We use a half cup of dehydrated food with a boiled 12 oz serving per dinner meal and then breakfast uses either 8 or 12 oz per boil. Separate cooking bag into packet gourmet coozy. Cooking for me or anyone in this pot probably won't work but to each their own.

This pot does not come with measurements inside so I marked our usual fluid oz for field references. With the lid and cup the pot is 2.6 oz. the 7.4 oz ISO butain container and a homemade wind screen fits right inside the pot and the storage sack closes the lid tight.

All in all I like this set up. 12 oz boils in about 2 to 2.5 minutes. It's light and decent enough. The material seems soft but cools quick. Holds up to the stove. The only issue is the handle on the pot. It gets very hot. Any ideas on dipping this handle as its only maybe an inch from the outside of pot would be great for not only me but maybe anyone interested in shedding lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starchild
08-26-2015, 19:05
I have the Toaks 550 and think it's a great minimalist pot + also the right size for a mug, there is just something about having a proper sized mug out there. Also use the cheapo knockoff stove, great combo.

Kaptainkriz
08-26-2015, 19:47
I got these lips for mine....keeps me from burning my face off: http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Peak-Hotlips-Pack-Orange/dp/B0038WTTVS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440632789&sr=8-6&keywords=Hot+lips+camp

Vegan Packer
08-26-2015, 21:45
Toaks is a great product. Just don't let the word get out, or they might start raising their prices. :eek:

I have the 450 with a lid. I only do freezerbag cooking, so it is the perfect size for my needs, and it's super lightweight. I was worried that it wasn't big enough, so I also got the 850. After one test hike, I never brought the 850 with me since.

Vegan Packer
08-26-2015, 21:48
Oh, I forgot to add: Mine came with the plastic coated wire handles. I've not had an issue with the handles getting hot whatsoever. I use an MSR Microrocket.

sethd513
08-27-2015, 08:29
I got these lips for mine....keeps me from burning my face off: http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Peak-Hotlips-Pack-Orange/dp/B0038WTTVS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440632789&sr=8-6&keywords=Hot+lips+camp

Those are for the handles? Do they hold up well?

Kaptainkriz
08-27-2015, 17:46
No, for the rim so you can drink straigt from it when hot. I'm still looking for a nice handle solution.

Those are for the handles? Do they hold up well?

sethd513
08-27-2015, 20:35
That's what they looked like. I've seen the little rubber Mit but I'd like to find a coating or something to dip them in like the larger ones