PDA

View Full Version : Will I fit into that tent ?

Franco
08-28-2015, 18:22
Ideally we should be able to step inside every tent that looks the part to us, having them standing there side by side.
In reality, at best ,the nearest shop has a tiny percentage of all the brands and models available on display and of course never have the ones like Tarptent that are sold directly by the manufacturer.
So to help here, at Tarptent we now have a new 3D engine that gives a much better simulated hands on experience.
This is a still from the SS2 clip :
the clips are in the Video section (Product-Video) and at the end of the "slide show" in each product page.
franco@tarptent.

v1k1ng1001
08-29-2015, 04:33
I'm digging it.

nsherry61
08-29-2015, 11:49
Cool!

Although, I want to also be able to enter MY body dimensions and see ME in the tent since I'm not an average 6' man. Oh, how about entering me and my wife (or other partner) both and see what it looks like trying to sit and lay down together. Average sized people have a pretty easy time with tent specs. Us unusual sized people struggle with what it might be like when we are pushing the size limits of many if not most tents on the market.

Feral Bill
08-29-2015, 13:07
I like. The catalog pictures with Hobbit sized outlines on tent floor plans are a disgrace.

Aaron l
09-01-2015, 10:58
How does this help me, a poorly rendered figure inside the tent, how does this show if I, me, will fit in a tent! Awesome!

Just Tom
09-01-2015, 13:35
None for the Moment DW?

Franco
09-01-2015, 18:48
"None for the Moment DW?"
There is one, at the end of the slide show in the Moment DW product page.
(the 20th (!) picture in that slide show so scroll across)
Same with all the other shelters

Just Tom
09-02-2015, 08:37
I saw one with the 2 man, not with the one man. I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I flipped through all the pictures and didn't see it? I don't suppose you have a direct link you could share?

Franco
09-02-2015, 18:47
Just Tom
Go to the Moment DW product page .
This one :
http://www.tarptent.com/momentdw.html
there is a large photo with several smaller ones under it (the slide show...) keep scrolling till you get to the last one (the 20th)
(same with all the other shelters)