PDA

View Full Version : Addie Feener

attroll
11-29-2005, 01:27
I have some sad news to pass on to everyone that knew Addie Feener the former owner of Addie's Place in Andover Maine.

The following message was sent to me from Ilene & Paul the owners of Pine Ellis in Andover:

================================================== =====

This is to sadly let you know that Addie Feener, past owner of Addie's Place, passed away this morning--I was sure you would want to know. I ask that you post it on your website for those others who would also want to know.

Over the years, Addie's Place had become one of the favorite trail places to visit. She was indeed a good friend to hikers, went out of her way always for the trail community, and the hikers in turn gave her great pleasure. She will be much missed.

I saw her last week, and she was peaceful, in good spirits, and comfortable. She lived her 88 years to the fullest, and was an inspiration to many, for many different reasons. I am sure she will be fondly remembered by hundreds of hikers.

If anyone wants to send a card to the family the address is: Family of Addie Feener, 51 North Main St., Andover, Maine 04216

Tha Wookie
11-29-2005, 10:11
Farewell, Addie.

You helped so many on their special journey.

Fare-thee-well on your own.....

TJ aka Teej
11-29-2005, 17:51
Thank you very much for sending this sad news along, Rick.
She was "real", and will be missed.