PDA

View Full Version : Another Solar Charger

dje97001
11-29-2005, 14:44
Here is yet another solar charger, good for ipods (including nanos) and many brands of cell phones... too bad no digital cameras are listed yet! Enjoy it at only 3 oz. (85 grams)

http://www.mysoldius.com/products.shtml

neo
11-29-2005, 16:57
looks pretty cool to me:cool: neo

Tin Man
11-30-2005, 00:33
looks pretty cool to me:cool: neo

Yeah, sure. Now we are encouraging people to bring "cool" (NOT!) devices like cell phones etc. on the trail by giving them a way to recharge them. Neo, how would someone like you, a 20 mile+ per day hiker, or our thruhiker in planning sit still long enough to use a solar charger?

Tha Wookie
11-30-2005, 00:47
Yeah, sure. Now we are encouraging people to bring "cool" (NOT!) devices like cell phones etc. on the trail by giving them a way to recharge them. Neo, how would someone like you, a 20 mile+ per day hiker, or our thruhiker in planning sit still long enough to use a solar charger?

You don't have to sit still. You can put it on your pack.

i agree, I prefer not to be electronically influenced. But, a solar panel wouldn't bother me. A cell phone being used.... well, that's a different beast.

Tin Man
11-30-2005, 08:08
You don't have to sit still. You can put it on your pack. [QUOTE]

I wonder how it would perform in "the long green tunnel".

[QUOTE=Tha Wookie]i agree, I prefer not to be electronically influenced. But, a solar panel wouldn't bother me. A cell phone being used.... well, that's a different beast.

Catch 22. A charged cell phone is more likely to be used.