PDA

View Full Version : Contributions.

Kenai
09-13-2015, 06:44
Hey guys and gals,
To all of us that like and use this forum, I would ask that you please consider throwing a few bucks in the tip cup. Among many other benefits, you will not have to worry about that miss- typed post anymore, because you will be able to edit your own posts. Just putting it out there, for all the registered users who rely on this forum for great advice.
Flame away if you will.

egilbe
09-13-2015, 12:42
You know. I've looked for it several yimes and still haven't seen anyplace to donate. I can't be the only one.

yes! It's on the homepage...and Denmark,ME? Really? Weird.

egilbe
09-13-2015, 12:43
Never mind. Found it on the home page. I mostly stick to the forums

Old Hiker
09-13-2015, 13:06
Hey guys and gals,
To all of us that like and use this forum, I would ask that you please consider throwing a few bucks in the tip cup. Among many other benefits, you will not have to worry about that miss- typed post anymore, because you will be able to edit your own posts. Just putting it out there, for all the registered users who rely on this forum for great advice.
Flame away if you will.

Not being hostile and/or belligerent or flaming (it's been THAT kind of morning, though): just wondering why someone WITHOUT the "Donating Member" sticker above their name is asking people to donate.

Do as we say and not as we do?

Playing devil's advocate: maybe you asked it NOT be there after a sizable donation? :confused:

rickb
09-13-2015, 13:16
Not being hostile and/or belligerent or flaming (it's been THAT kind of morning, though): just wondering why someone WITHOUT the "Donating Member" sticker above their name is asking people to donate.

Do as we say and not as we do?

Playing devil's advocate: maybe you asked it NOT be there after a sizable donation? :confused:

Mine doesn't either.

Since he has a custome avatar, he has donated.

You can customize the flag from Donating Member to something else.

Old Hiker
09-13-2015, 21:45
Mine doesn't either.

Since he has a custome avatar, he has donated.

You can customize the flag from Donating Member to something else.

Apologies to Kenai. Was not aware of that. Thanks for the clarification. I stand..........well, sit in front of my computer, corrected.

Another Kevin
09-13-2015, 22:32
Apologies to Kenai. Was not aware of that. Thanks for the clarification. I stand..........well, sit in front of my computer, corrected.

I think there are more of us that don't use the badge than those that do. I don't want to give up 'Clueless Weekender!'

joshuasdad
09-14-2015, 07:29
Actually, I have the avatar but do not have the other donating benefits now. Probably a paypal thing (I donated in April). Can this please be fixed? Thanks!

Rebeka
09-14-2015, 22:42
Hi there. Thanks for the post. Newbie here, not even sure how I found you guys. I've been reading everything I can find about gear. I'm stoked about hiking the AT next year! Thanks for all the great information, I'll be watching and reading, and counting the days [emoji2]

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037T using Tapatalk

Kenai
09-14-2015, 23:36
Playing devil's advocate:

No Worries, Old Hiker. ;)

Slo-go'en
09-15-2015, 10:23
Actually, I have the avatar but do not have the other donating benefits now. Probably a paypal thing (I donated in April). Can this please be fixed? Thanks!

I believe the only other donator benefits are the ability to edit posts and store more messages in your PM mail box. The only important one is the edit feature.

Kenai
09-15-2015, 13:16

Send a PM to one of the administrators. I am sure that they would be happy to take care of that for you. :)

Kenai
09-15-2015, 13:30
I believe the only other donator benefits are the ability to edit posts and store more messages in your PM mail box. The only important one is the edit feature.

The basic membership benefits are as follows:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/imagefiles/d-member.gif
This gives you donating members privileges for one year.
This is a yearly donation for WhiteBlaze.net
Your extended privileges include:
• All Google ads are removed
• Can edit your own post for up to 15 days
• Upgrade your PM storage to 200 PM's
• Upload your own custom avatar
• Can us an animated avatar
• A portion of your donation will go to the ATC
• Waiver the 30 post limit required before posting in the "Selling Used Gear" forum
• Can add up to 100 threads on your thread ignore listing

Minimum donation is just 10 bucks.
There are 2 other levels of membership, with increasing benefits for those who can afford to contribute more.
I am attaching the link for anyone who can't find it. I find it hard to negotiate this site when I am on my phone, and could not find the link either.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/payments.php

Alligator
09-15-2015, 14:35
Send a PM to one of the administrators. I am sure that they would be happy to take care of that for you. :)As a matter of fact ATTroll did fix him up earlier. If anybody else is having the same issue please do contact him as there was a glitch in the system. Our apologies if this has happened to anyone else.

John B
09-15-2015, 15:07
When I started visiting this site, I was a donating member for a couple of years. Then I got mad at the moderators for something and stopped donating. Now I'm not mad and in point of fact can't even remember what it was that I was mad about, so now I'll become a donating member again. But I don't trust PayPal, elevators, religious people or politicians, and I'm still not exactly sure why electricity doesn't leak out of the sockets, so I'll send in my money via US Post Office. Should get there in about 5 days. Thanks for reminding me, Kenai.