PDA

View Full Version : AT Documentary "Walking with Freedom" screening in Athens, GA, Dec. 6th!

Tha Wookie
11-30-2005, 01:49
I'm pleased to announce that the nationally famous music venue and movie theatre called the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA, will be screening the Appalachian Trail documentary, "Walking with Freedom", by WB's very own Lion King.

The event will take place Dec. 6th, and will feature LK's hit film along with two other prominent documentaries on different topics.

The price isn't set, but it will be less than 5 dollars and popcorn is always a dollar at the GA Theatre. You must be 18 or up to get in. There is a full bar, balcony seating, and no smoking of tobacco is allowed anymore.

Incidentally, Lion King left GA today for the NE, so I will be there to represent the film on his behalf. He would have been there in person, but I was backpacking instead of doing the booking that I promised, and it was up in the air.

Now, the date is set, the die is cast.

I hope some of you can join me at the Georgia Theatre for this special screening.

PS look for the marquee (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.theclassiccity.com/images/ga_th_-_jj_cale.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.theclassiccity.com/photo3.html&h=960&w=1280&sz=208&tbnid=jpFJGFgvfg4J:&tbnh=112&tbnw=150&hl=en&start=22&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgeorgia%2Btheatre%26start%3D20%26svnu m%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)!

Lion King
11-30-2005, 16:53
HAHAH!

This is so funny!

Im in damascus right now...ha!

Man...Thanks Wook!

Good talking with you last night.

I hope people dig it!

LK

Tha Wookie
12-01-2005, 10:19
Yeah, I hope to see some WBers there, but especially the class of 2005 hikers who finished this year. I've been seeing more and more around town.

I will venture to say that Athens probably has as many thru-hikers per capita as any other town in America!

I mean, just last night, I come back from hanging new art at the Atlanta REI stores and "Proteus" is standing in my kitchen.

Looks like we'll be having some 05'ers camping on our farm for a little while!

Jaybird
12-01-2005, 10:40
I'm pleased to announce that the nationally famous music venue and movie theatre called the Georgia Theatre in Athens, GA, will be screening the Appalachian Trail documentary, "Walking with Freedom", by WB's very own Lion King. .....etc,etc,etc,...........
The event will take place Dec. 6th,

[COLOR="Blue"] THANKS for the WARNING....ER...Notice....WOOKIE!

They still allow LION KING in Georgia?:D

Tha Wookie
12-01-2005, 10:44
THANKS for the WARNING....ER...Notice....WOOKIE!

They still allow LION KING in Georgia?:D

Yeah, but the always shave em and hose em down first....

Gets all that Yankee off em :D :datz

RockyTrail
12-01-2005, 11:11
Great pics, Wookie. By the way that shot you call "Virtual Reality" had me laughing all over my computer!

Somehow it would be very liberating to put the darn computer in the surf and just walk away:-?....hmmm but then that's not LNT is it? Maybe use it for target practice instead.:)

Tha Wookie
12-01-2005, 11:38
Great pics, Wookie. By the way that shot you call "Virtual Reality" had me laughing all over my computer!

Somehow it would be very liberating to put the darn computer in the surf and just walk away:-?....hmmm but then that's not LNT is it? Maybe use it for target practice instead.:)

Hey thanks, glad you liked them. They look much better in person!

That computer was quite misplaced. It was monterey bay, a wildlife refuge.

There was no close road access to that point.

I have do idea where that thing came from.

I almost named the picture, "I've had enough!":D

By the way, I am in the process of pricing some smaller paper prints that look killer and are more economical.

capehiker
12-04-2005, 21:00
Damn. I just moved to Savannah but the four hour drive both ways is too much on a work week.

Ramble~On
12-05-2005, 10:30
What Time ?

Tha Wookie
12-05-2005, 11:21
The movies at the GA theatre run from 7:30 - 11pm. I'm not sure which slot they have Walking with Freedom, as there are two other documentaries that night as well.

I'll check on that when they open today. Thanks for the question.

it's not your typical movie theatre! it's a BIG screen, with THE best sound sound system you will probably ever hear it on.

Lion King
12-05-2005, 11:46
Damn it, I wish I could be there...

Thanks again wook, and if there are any questions or anything they can send thenm to me at
Michael Daniel
17541 GA HWY 33
PAVVO GA 31778

although I am in New Hanmpshire now, I have to wait till after noon to set up my new PO BOX, and the Library isnt open agian till Wednesday ...so....

anyway
I appreciate it
LK

Tha Wookie
12-05-2005, 20:32
Damn it, I wish I could be there...

Thanks again wook, and if there are any questions or anything they can send thenm to me at
Michael Daniel
17541 GA HWY 33
PAVVO GA 31778

although I am in New Hanmpshire now, I have to wait till after noon to set up my new PO BOX, and the Library isnt open agian till Wednesday ...so....

anyway
I appreciate it
LK

Yeah, sure, whatever you traitor:p !

I met with the Theatre owner today.

He said your movie will be in the center slot, at 9pm.

Admission is freeeeeeeee.

Tha Wookie
12-06-2005, 14:37
Just a reminder: Walking with Freedom shows tonight at 9:30 pm at the GA Theatre in Athens, GA.

Admission is free.

docllamacoy
12-06-2005, 22:21
That's so cool you got your documentary at the Georgia Theatre, Lion King! Congrats! Athens is my hometown, and during college, I used to see movies at the Theatre all the time. I hope you get a good turnout. I'd be there if I was still living there!
Llama

Tha Wookie
12-07-2005, 11:04
We had a great time last night reliving the trail with Lion King's movie on the GA Theatre BIG screen.

Thanks for everyone who made it out.

A lot of people knew I was representing the film for LK, and several told me they would be buying copies off of Amazon for stocking stuffings.

I hope you get some sales, LK!

I sure did enjoy seeing it for the 8th time!

The music was BOOMING on the Theatre system....

Check out the Marquee!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=9458&original=1&c=530

Lion King
12-07-2005, 16:19
We had a great time last night reliving the trail with Lion King's movie on the GA Theatre BIG screen.

Thanks for everyone who made it out.

A lot of people knew I was representing the film for LK, and several told me they would be buying copies off of Amazon for stocking stuffings.

I hope you get some sales, LK!

I sure did enjoy seeing it for the 8th time!

The music was BOOMING on the Theatre system....

Check out the Marquee!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=9458&original=1&c=530

tell them to mail orders to me

at Mike Daniel
PO BOX 25
Glencliff NH 03238 to save about $5, plus it will help me pay for fire wood up here. :D

THANK YOU!