PDA

View Full Version : Shuttles in Burlington?

Yankee15
09-17-2015, 08:52
Planning to do a section this week and the only unknown is getting from Smuggler's Notch to Burlington. I can probably hitch it but it would be nice to have a backup plan if necessary.

North Star
09-17-2015, 10:02
A quick google search showed that there is a pretty good bus option to get from Burlington to Stowe. That might be worth checking out. Seems to take just over 3 hours, but about 2 hours of that is spent waiting for a connection in Waterbury.

Yankee15
09-17-2015, 10:29
I have looked into that, and the schedules don't like up well, where I'd have to catch the 7am bus from Stowe if I want to make it to Burlington. Also, it only runs weekdays, and I most likely will end up there on a Saturday. So I'd have to get there 2 days faster and spend a night in town if I want to catch that bus.

hikeandbike5
09-17-2015, 14:50
should have no problem hitching in any case.

eblanche
09-21-2015, 05:06
I don't know of any good shuttles in that area but I would also not worry about it and just hitch a ride. Very very easy to do in VT.

Several years ago I tried to look up taxi/shuttle from duxbury (Camels Hump area) back up to Smugglers Notch and they were quoting me somewhere between 65-80 dollars. With that said, not sure if those were "Hiker" Shuttles or just normal guy taxi shuttles.