PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Sack sizing for Double Rainbow

DawnTreader
09-20-2015, 15:57
The original stuff sack for my Shires Tarptent Double Rainbow blew away. I need a replacement, however I don't want to get the same sack. The original is made from silnylon, and I want something more durable. I'm bad at math and have no space perception. There are no specs on the tarptent.com website for the stuff sack. I sent them an email inquiry but have not heard back yet. I love the size of the original sack because it is tall and narrow, perfect for storage in the mesh pocket, under the side compression strap of my ULA Catalyst. If anyone has a tarptent and can guess, or measure it's dimensions, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, any particular ripstop stuff sack suggestions(tall and narrow) that would work with the Double Rainbow would also be welcome and appreciated. I like the therma-rest stuff sacks, but have no perception of the size I would need (online shopper) Thanks.
-DT

p.s. I have tried the no stuff sack route, and the wallmart dry sack. Neither are ideal with my system.

Franco
09-20-2015, 18:09
Flat it is 7"x22".

Venchka
09-20-2015, 18:28
Watch the Hilleberg Tent pitching videos for a good how to not loose tent parts. The one in 60+ mph wind is entertaining.
Don't fret the exact size. An inch or so bigger won't hurt.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.