PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to apologize to all of you WhiteBlaze users...

BenOnAdventures
09-25-2015, 14:58
Hello adventurers, i'd like to apologize for posting the link to my blog too much. Sorry for the inconvenience. WhiteBlaze is the first forum website I've ever used so I'm still getting the hang of it. Again, don't worry I won't intentionally post the link to my blog anymore unless it's something major like an announcement of a thru hike like the AT or something like that. So with all of that I apologize and hopefully I can get a fresh start with all of you on here. Thanks and have an adventurous weekend!!

Ben

BirdBrain
09-25-2015, 15:54
Ignore the noise. No one is obligated to look at anything. Surfing the web is not like eating a pie. You are not stealing valuable pieces. Your opinion and input is as relevant as anyone's. I for one refuse to accept an apology that is not warranted. I see no malice in your posts.

BenOnAdventures
09-25-2015, 16:01
Ignore the noise. No one is obligated to look at anything. Surfing the web is not like eating a pie. You are not stealing valuable pieces. Your opinion and input is as relevant as anyone's. I for one refuse to accept an apology that is not warranted. I see no malice in your posts. thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words! You're a good friend.

Starchild
09-25-2015, 16:19
The way you were going about it did seem to me to be counterproductive to what I feel you were after, people respecting you for who you are and wanting to read and caring to see your blog, quite frankly it was a turnoff for me to read your postings. I believe what you state here is right on key and is a great way to go, good luck and welcome.

Pedaling Fool
09-26-2015, 08:04
If anyone should be apologizing to all whiteblaze users, it's me. Wait for it...wait for it...

rocketsocks
09-26-2015, 08:34
if anyone should be apologizing to all whiteblaze users, it's me. Wait for it...wait for it...
lol.....................:D

rocketsocks
09-26-2015, 08:36
Yup, you don't have to apologize Ben, but since you did already, no worries, now you get it.

Tuckahoe
09-26-2015, 09:12
I cannot see how you have anything to apologize for, especially considering the amount of noise that is posted here. I do not generally seek out blogs, so posting links worked to get me to read something. I'm looking forward though to seeing the change in your blog and writing style as you gain experience and mature.

Deadeye
09-26-2015, 09:42
Ignore the noise. No one is obligated to look at anything. Surfing the web is not like eating a pie. You are not stealing valuable pieces. Your opinion and input is as relevant as anyone's. I for one refuse to accept an apology that is not warranted. I see no malice in your posts.

Ditto.....

Abatis1948
09-26-2015, 10:03
Thank you for coming back and thank you on WB for welcoming him. When I first found this site I was amazed at how hard folks responded to sometimes sensitive folks who choose to post here. You have to have thick skin to post on WB and I can appreciate this fact. Welcome back!

ralph23
09-26-2015, 10:48
This was the most beautifully executed back door brag I have seen in a long time. By apologizing for posting a link to your blog, you once again posted a link for your blog. Well played sir!

BenOnAdventures
09-27-2015, 08:41
I cannot see how you have anything to apologize for, especially considering the amount of noise that is posted here. I do not generally seek out blogs, so posting links worked to get me to read something. I'm looking forward though to seeing the change in your blog and writing style as you gain experience and mature. Thank you I really do appreciate that, my writing style has definitely gotten better from post 1 to now. Thanks and have an awesome weekend!

BenOnAdventures
09-27-2015, 08:42
Thank you to everyone for all of the kind words, much appreciated to hear the feedback, hope your weekend has been great everybody!

kayak karl
09-27-2015, 11:24
at least you didn't put the apology on your blog, then link to it :D

BenOnAdventures
09-27-2015, 22:07
at least you didn't put the apology on your blog, then link to it :D Hahaha you got me there, good one buddy, have an awesome week!!

Coffee
09-28-2015, 06:27
20 years of reading forums on the Internet has given me kind of a 6th sense on detecting spam. Fwiw I never thought of your posts as spam. I did think that you were perhaps over enthusiastic and self promotional but not a spammer. I have a non hiking related blog and probably was a bit promotional myself getting it off the ground. It's hard to make headway in a crowded world.

shakey_snake
09-28-2015, 09:04
I may have peed a little in a privy once

Theosus
09-28-2015, 22:33
That's why my blog thing is in my signature... I don't have to post it.

I just wish I knew how to make money from it. Wordpress runs ads on it but I see nothing from them. If I had a penny a visitor then by this time next year I could buy a cup of coffee at starbucks.

Coffee
09-29-2015, 07:15
That's why my blog thing is in my signature... I don't have to post it.

I just wish I knew how to make money from it. Wordpress runs ads on it but I see nothing from them. If I had a penny a visitor then by this time next year I could buy a cup of coffee at starbucks.
Switch to your own hosting platform. You can still use Wordpress but you won't have anyone piggybacking on your success. There are tons of hosting providers that make this very easy. I am currently using GoDaddy but there are many to choose from.

G.G.
09-29-2015, 07:53
Post haven.....