PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Recipes

kameyosekmoon
09-26-2015, 19:42
Can you please share some of your favorite recipes?

Cotton Terry
09-26-2015, 20:00
Not gourmet, but it has hit the spot for me. Packet of triple cheese instant mashed potatoes with a packet of macaroni and cheese with a foil of chunky white meat chicken cooked in a freezer bag. It sounds like a lot, but I downed this at Lance Creek Restoration campground and was looking for more. Normally, I couldn't eat half of it.

bigcranky
09-26-2015, 20:22
My new favorite trail dinner is the Knorr Broccoli Alfredo Pasta with a bag of real bacon bits and some dried tomatoes.

Odd Man Out
09-26-2015, 22:36
Box of Zatarains Black Beans and Rice. Add red lentils until you have a total of 300 grams. Add a tsp of curry and a tsp of turmeric. Divide into two portions. For one portion, add 2 cups water, bring to boil, let set in pot cozy (or FBC) till done (15 to 20 min). Add meat of choice if desired.

One envelope of Taste of Thai Peanut Sauce Mix (two envelopes per box). One package of oriental flavored ramen (crunch up noodles if you eat with a spoon). Add 2 tablespoons of red lentils. Add some raisins if desired. Add 2 cups water, bring to boil, let set in pot cozy (or FBC) till done (15 to 20 min). Add meat of choice if desired.

FarmerChef
09-29-2015, 16:20
So many to choose from....here are two...many more if you're interested in particular combinations

Cheesy Potato Mashers

x number of bags of 3 cheese mashed potatoes (depending on number you think you can eat)
1 tbsp of cheddar cheese powder
1 tsp of sour cream powder (or just skip the above two and substitute one bag of loaded baked potato mashers for one bag of 3 cheese)
1/2 cup of French's Fried Onions - oh yes, it's THAT good
1/2 cup of dehydrated taco meat - mmmm yeahhhh
1/4 cup real bacon bits
handful of chili-flavored Fritos

Rehydrate the dried taco meat first and then add everything else but the Fritos, rehydrating until the consistency is right (it's fast). Then sprinkle the onions and Fritos on top. Stir if desired. Inhale.

Thanksiving Dinner Couscous

1 Package Couscous
1/2 Cup dried ground chicken or turkey (or use pouch chicken)
3 Tbsp Craisins
1 Tbsp Dried Celery
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder (the seasoning can be omitted if you buy a seasoned couscous from the store)
2 Packages Chicken Bouillion (if you're rehydrating the chicken)
Dried mushrooms are nice touch, but not necessary
Gravy is also a nice touch but not necessary

Add all of the ingredients into your pot or add water to your freezer bag. Wait a few minutes and enjoy!