PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 Full Review......

Nonfiction
09-28-2015, 00:36
Hey guys! I'm sure there are tons of them, but I just got done doing a full review of the tent that my wife & I carried on our 1500 mile Hike on the Trail this year. Thought it could be helpful to anyone interested in getting into a Copper Spur. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGD-Kesy-Tc&feature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGD-Kesy-Tc&feature=youtu.be)

Check out my other Videos on YouTube & Subscribe to my Channel!!!

Happy Trails,
Darwin

GA_Windbreaker
09-28-2015, 08:30
I have the same tent. Was there any particular reason your wife was laying in the tent backwards, with her head at the foot end of the tent?

Nonfiction
09-28-2015, 08:47
I explained in the video, but we slept head to toe. Doing this made the space feel bigger. It also gave us both more shoulder room & on warmer nights we we not breathing on each others faces. Def comfier with 2 people, Give it a try!

GA_Windbreaker
09-28-2015, 10:30
I explained in the video, but we slept head to toe. Doing this made the space feel bigger. It also gave us both more shoulder room & on warmer nights we we not breathing on each others faces. Def comfier with 2 people, Give it a try!

I doubt I could get my wife to go for sleeping right by my feet. Lol. Did you ever do a fast fly setup with it? Curious how about doing fast fly would help in keeping the tent dry in the rain. Setup footprint & fly, crawl in and setup tent under fly.

Cotton Terry
09-28-2015, 10:37
My son and I used a Coleman 2 person backpacking tent while he was in Boy Scouts. We had to sleep head-to-toe and, believe me, it was not pleasant. HA!

Nonfiction
09-28-2015, 10:38
Yep, have done the fast fly setup a few times! It's a great feature & a great way to get out of the rain & dry in a pinch. The only problem I have with it, is you cant get the tent as taught when you do the fast fly, so obviously the inside is not as roomy for 2 people. But all in all, a great feature if you don't mind snuggling up close to get out of the rain.

Nonfiction
09-28-2015, 10:41
My son and I used a Coleman 2 person backpacking tent while he was in Boy Scouts. We had to sleep head-to-toe and, believe me, it was not pleasant. HA!

Eh, we slept head to toe almost every night for over 4 months & 1500 miles. After a while you learn to Embrace The Stink!