PDA

View Full Version : What T shirt for PCT do you recommend?

Kookork
09-29-2015, 22:32
I am trying to find couple of T shirts for my upcoming PCT thru hike. I have hard time using polyester and to a lesser degrees Nylon T shirts . They are itchy for me, especially after a few hours in summer. I just can't take them for more than a few hours. So I generally avoid using them even when I am hiking. Last year my brother gave me a polyester long sleeve T shirt.( Berghaus Argentium) that does not feel itchy and does not smell the way some synthetic T shirts do.

I have no problem ordering couple of Berghaus T shirts but i was thinking there might be some people with the same issue I have and they might have found a solution to use synthetic T shirts that are almost as comfortable on skin as cotton.

What do you recommend as a T shirt for desert section of PCT .

Ps: I have a along sleeve shirt that is tested in dry hot temperature but the T shirt would be used as a base layer/ stand alone in some hours of the day.

Thanks

Leanthree
09-29-2015, 23:02
I'd try lightweight Merino wool for a tshirt based on your description. Out of curiousity what is your long sleeve shirt. I have been so back and forth on what to get for that and am curious what worked for you.

Kookork
09-29-2015, 23:14
I'd try lightweight Merino wool for a tshirt based on your description. Out of curiousity what is your long sleeve shirt. I have been so back and forth on what to get for that and am curious what worked for you.

It took me also a long time to find a shirt that works great in warm to hot weather but it is:

http://www.columbia.com/mens-silver-ridge-plaid-long-sleeve-shirt-AM7441.html

Leanthree
09-29-2015, 23:17
Excellent, thanks for your recommendation. If we run into each other hilariously wearing the same shirt on the trail I'll be the one to change to make it less awkward

Kookork
09-29-2015, 23:22
Excellent, thanks for your recommendation. If we run into each other hilariously wearing the same shirt on the trail I'll be the one to change to make it less awkward

Lol. If your backpack is Osprey 58 ( older version) then we will think about it :). I'll start in the first days of April.

Leanthree
09-29-2015, 23:45
Heh, Exos 48 (older verision). Starting mid April most likely but depends on the snowpack a bit. See you on the trail.

DCM767
10-19-2015, 10:19

This has worked great for me. You can’t beat the price and look at ALL features it has. I love all of mine, short sleeves as well.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-mens-laguna-madre-long-sleeve-fishing-shirt?repChildCatid=1348711