PDA

View Full Version : Northern section of Baxter State Park

Canadian_Hiker
09-30-2015, 13:15
It's about time I got off my butt and finished this slide show of out trip. I am just new to the whole Movie Maker programs so bear with me! I wanted to post this because I have a hard time finding any info/pics of the northern end of Baxter State Park. I figured I would post what I had in order to help other who plan on visiting this area of the park! Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/j3zDjwtZ2gA

Canadian_Hiker
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian_Hiker
09-30-2015, 13:22
Forgot to mention we started at Trout Brook Farm Campground and hiked Freezeout trail then spent the first night at Little East Lean-to site. Second day we hiked the rest of Freezeout trail and some of Wadleight trail until we found Hudson Pond Lean-to for night number two. The third day we finished Wadleight trail and continued north on the tote road until we hit Lower Fowler Trail and followed that to Lower Fowler Pond Outlet Tent Site. The. Day four we hiked a short 2.5 miles back to Trout Brok Farm!

Canadian_Hiker

LoneStranger
10-04-2015, 06:58
Did the Freezeout Trail actually take you past the Webster Stream LT on your way to the Wadleigh Brook trail? I noticed the sign in your pic but I thought they had rerouted around the tornado damage, sending folks up towards Hudson before the LT on the stream. Wondering if they just left the old sign up or if they have reopened Freezeout all the way to Webster Outlet again? I still don't see the stream LT on the reservation site.

Haven't been out that way since just before the wind storm took down all the trees a few years back. We were turned back at Hudson Brook by a roaring torrent after a 36 hour rain and had to retreat to the stream LT before heading back the way we'd come the next day. Neat country but I'm sure you noticed the lack of footprints. Definitely a path less traveled!

Traveler
10-04-2015, 09:10
Nice job on this. It captures a lot of the atmosphere and a lot of area that is not seen by many people in the northern reaches of the Park.

Canadian_Hiker
10-28-2015, 14:34
Thanks for the positive comments guys! It was a beautiful trip one that truly did recharge the ole batteries! Next summer I am tossing around the idea of hiking the LT, if not this coming summer it will be the summer after!

The northern part of Baxter Park is an area less travelled for sure! There were section of the trails that you have to look for the blazes or you would get lost in a heartbeat. There was lots of damage from the wind storm last two summers ago and they do have a nice new trail that takes you around it all. Where the new trail (freezeout) meets up with Wadleight trail there are two other trail that that are present. One is not marked so I bel

Canadian_Hiker

Canadian_Hiker
10-28-2015, 14:37
Sorry! Using my "not so smart phone" to post this and cut myself off!

One is not marked so I believe that one is the old part of Wadleight/freezeout that the storm damaged. The. There is another new trail with fresh trail tape as well that heads into Webster pond!

Canadian_Hiker