PDA

View Full Version : Photos of crowded conditions during nobo thru-hike?

Lauriep
10-03-2015, 17:04
Does anyone have photos of crowded shelters, campsites, hostels, etc. or any images of downsides to being part of the nobo bubble they'd be willing to share with me?

I'm doing a presentation a week from today (October 10) at "The Gathering" (in Shippensburg, PA) promoting alternatives to the nobo thru-hike at traditional/popular start times. I would like to show photos that contrast the two experiences and I don't have many that depict what it's like hiking in the nobo bubble.

If you have photos of medium resolution or higher to share that I can use, I'd be very grateful if you'd email them to me at [email protected]. A caption/description of the location and date of the photo would be helpful.

Also, please let me know if I can add them to our photo database for future use.

Thanks!

Laurie P.
ATC

Lauriep
10-04-2015, 12:38
OK, the photos don't have to be high or even medium resolution. You can also text a photo to me at (304) 671-3543.

Colter
10-04-2015, 12:55
OK, the photos don't have to be high or even medium resolution. You can also text a photo to me at (304) 671-3543.

Check and see if the Double Spring Gap photo is what you're looking for and if so I'll try to find and scan a larger, higher resolution version.

http://bucktrack.com/Appalachian_Trail.html

Lauriep
10-04-2015, 14:09
Thanks, Colter. Appreciate the share. If you think the photo can be lightened up to show more than the 4 people that are clearly visible at a glance, then it could be very useful.

Kookork
10-04-2015, 15:06
You might know it better but you can find myriads of thru hikers here in this gallery:

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/browseimages.php?c=530

Colter
10-04-2015, 15:15
32191 Here is a better version, I have a higher res. There are actually about nine hikers in that shot. I took it because all those people stacked into close packed rows in the dark made me keep on hiking.

If it works let me know and I'll send you a better one. If not that's OK too.

Lauriep
10-04-2015, 15:31
Oh yes, I see more people now. I'll pm you.