PDA

View Full Version : A Long Hike

Mother Natures Son
10-05-2015, 19:11
Has anyone heard of this woman? What is everyone's thoughts on this one? http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2015/10/04/trek-americas-woman-prepares-for-5-year-walking-trip-from-argentina-to-alaska

Spirit Walker
10-05-2015, 19:23
I would love to join her.

In the CDT register in Lincoln, MT (which covers about 30 years) there were several hikers who were hiking from S. America to Alaska, or vice versa. I've read two accounts of people who did that. They did lots of road walking, which wouldn't be fun. It sounds like she plans a different kind of journey with more hiking and fewer highways. The fact that she is fluent in Spanish will certainly help.

Spirit Walker
10-05-2015, 19:24
I would love to join her.

In the CDT register in Lincoln, MT (which covers about 30 years) there were several hikers who were hiking from S. America to Alaska, or vice versa. I've read two accounts of people who did that. They did lots of road walking, which wouldn't be fun. It sounds like she plans a different kind of journey with more hiking and fewer highways. The fact that she is fluent in Spanish will certainly help.

rafe
10-05-2015, 19:27
Oh heck, why stop at Alaska? Go right over the top and down the other side... what a wuss. :)