PDA

View Full Version : Route 601 parking- Grayson Highlands, VA

Pete Moss
10-06-2015, 09:21
While I recognize there's always a chance for break-ins at parking lots at any trail/road crossing, I thought I'd seek some advice on what the parking lot situation at the Route 601 crossing near Grayson Highlands is like. Is it safe to leave a car there overnight or are break-ins a common thing there and I should consider a shuttle?

hikernutcasey
10-06-2015, 11:34
I've never parked at that specific crossing but I do know that over the years there have been several break-ins and instances of vandalism to vehicles at the other road crossings near there. Route 601 at Elk Garden and Route 603 at Fox Creek have always been hot spots for this type of activity. Personally I don't know that I would want to leave a vehicle at any of these spots. We have left vehicles on top of Whitetop on a couple of occasions without incident but even that is a risk.

Lone Wolf
10-06-2015, 11:59
While I recognize there's always a chance for break-ins at parking lots at any trail/road crossing, I thought I'd seek some advice on what the parking lot situation at the Route 601 crossing near Grayson Highlands is like. Is it safe to leave a car there overnight or are break-ins a common thing there and I should consider a shuttle?

yes it's safe. haven't heard of any break ins in a few years

Pete Moss
10-07-2015, 08:37
Excellent, that's what I thought based on the location, but it's good to get that confirmation Lone Wolf! Appreciate the input!