PDA

View Full Version : Otter Creek Wilderness hike

Majortrauma
10-06-2015, 10:49
I'm considering one more hike before mid-November. I'd like to do 20-30 mile hike in Otter Creek WA but I'm concerned weather about the weather that time of year. Historical averages are 64 daytime and 34 evening which are pretty decent but of course are no guarantee. Anyone who's hiked there that time of year care to comment?

Alleghanian Orogeny
10-06-2015, 15:12
Are you referring to Otter Creek, Washington, or Otter Creek, West Virginia. Each state has an Otter Creek Wilderness. To the best of my knowledge, the Otter Creek area of Virginia, near where the Blue Ridge Parkway crosses the James River downstream from the AT crossing, is not a wilderness area.

AO

Majortrauma
10-06-2015, 15:25
I am referring to Otter Creek Wilderness in WVA.
Are you referring to Otter Creek, Washington, or Otter Creek, West Virginia. Each state has an Otter Creek Wilderness. To the best of my knowledge, the Otter Creek area of Virginia, near where the Blue Ridge Parkway crosses the James River downstream from the AT crossing, is not a wilderness area.

AO

Viper2016
10-17-2015, 10:29
I've hiked there at this time of year. The weather predictions are reasonably accurate. My only concern would be rainfall. And only if your hike necessitates stream crossings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

handlebar
10-18-2015, 22:13
Check out WVSTA hunting seasons and wear fluorescent Orange if appropriate. NF Wilderness areas are open to hunting.