PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Bloggers: I need some advice on layout/blog theme? I'm gonna switch mine

BenOnAdventures
10-07-2015, 10:11
Hey adventurers, for any of you who blog on Wordpress.com I would like to ask for your advice. Currently I'm using the Hero theme on Wordpress.com, what other themes would you suggest? I'm looking to switch theme and need some advice on what one looks appealing, nice, good setup, etc. Thanks!!

Venchka
10-07-2015, 10:43
Avoid garish colors for backgrounds & text. Avoid blue text on a black background like the plague! I've seen a few of those and I immediately close the page and never go back. Keep It Simple. The best web pages look like the page of a book. Remember books?

Here is a link to a couple's web pages. Both of them are true adventurers, but they never call attention to themselves.
http://faroutwanderings.blogspot.com/

Wayne

BenOnAdventures
10-07-2015, 10:49
Thank you! I really appreciate the advice!! I just wanna continue to improve and get better at all of this so any little bit helps!

RangerZ
10-07-2015, 12:35
Here is a link to a couple's web pages. Both of them are true adventurers, but they never call attention to themselves.
http://faroutwanderings.blogspot.com/

Wayne

+1 what he said

LoneStranger
10-07-2015, 12:53
Wayne is really on to something there. Your site's theme should work to make your writing and pictures take center stage, not the theme. Flashy is not the way to go for attracting the outdoor audience. Many will never read what you have to say and just close the page as soon as their bruised eyes can find the close window button.

Wordpress lets you preview themes easily so take your time and view one or more of your existing pages in as many themes as possible. Find one you really like and then stick with it for a while. People can be turned off by format changes so don't go crazy trying things to attract new readers and risk losing your current readers.

BenOnAdventures
10-07-2015, 13:13
Wayne is really on to something there. Your site's theme should work to make your writing and pictures take center stage, not the theme. Flashy is not the way to go for attracting the outdoor audience. Many will never read what you have to say and just close the page as soon as their bruised eyes can find the close window button.

Wordpress lets you preview themes easily so take your time and view one or more of your existing pages in as many themes as possible. Find one you really like and then stick with it for a while. People can be turned off by format changes so don't go crazy trying things to attract new readers and risk losing your current readers. Thank you all for the sound advice!! I appreciate it!! I'll keep it in mind when checking out themes