PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Vasque Breeze Low shoes

Big Dawg
12-03-2005, 09:19
I'm considering these shoes. Any feedback (from users) before I purchase?

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47882473&parent_category_rn=4501259&vcat=REI_SEARCH

The Solemates
12-06-2005, 11:03
the first thing that will go wrong with them, inevitably, is that the toe kick piece will become unglued, and begin "flapping in the wind". but it may take a while for that to happen, depending on how rough you are on them. mine took only a month or so to do this.

Two Speed
12-06-2005, 12:21
My first lightweight boots were a pair of Clarions, purchased back in the '80's. Lighweight, great durability and very comfortable. After my first pair of Clarions wore out, due to infrequent backpacking trips and nearly three years of daily use land surveying I bought another pair. Same comfort and durability. I was sold on Vasque.

Since then, Vasque appears to have forgotten how to build quality footwear. I have a pair of Super Hikers, sole has separated, a pair of Sundowners showing signs of the same and a pair of Talus lightweight boots on which the sole is splitting. Buy Vasque boots if you want to, but I believe I've bought my last pair.:datz

The Solemates
12-06-2005, 15:30
and a pair of Talus lightweight boots on which the sole is splitting.

ditto.......

Two Speed
12-06-2005, 15:52
ditto.......Well, hopefully you were quicker to catch on than I was.:datz

Big Dawg, I presume you've got your answer. If not feel free to shoot 'em out here.

Two Speed
12-06-2005, 19:04
My first lightweight boots were a pair of Clarions, purchased back in the '80's. Just realized I botched that date. Make that early '90's.

siouxdog
12-06-2005, 19:11
i use to love vasque shoes and boats. the last THREE pair i've bought have sucked. two pair were low shoes like the one you're looking at and just like solemates said they "flapped in the wind" in no time. imho find something else.:mad:

Hikerhead
12-06-2005, 19:53
My understanding of Vasgue boots are that all of them used to be made in Italy and had a very high mark for quality. The last couple of years they have moved production to the far east either Hong Kong or Thailand, somewhere. I believe the only boot now Italian made are the top shelf Sundowners and that may not be true now. You can check the bottom of the soles to see where they were made.

Two Speed
12-06-2005, 20:00
Just checked my Sundowners. Made in Italy. Kind of sad, Vasque used to be a sure thing in the way of footwear.