PDA

View Full Version : Hemlock Hollow Inn

Grunt
10-15-2015, 15:29
Sectioning from Davenport Gap to Erwin starting Sat. Have mail drop at Hemlock Hollow. How easy is it to navigate and find Hemlock from the trail? I've goggled earth and spoke with the owner but was wondering if anyone has first hand experience. Guide say at 288.1 west on Log Cabin Rd. but if walking North that would mean turning left; however, I know NOBO is not always north and goggle map looks like a right turn. Any help? thank, grunt

FarmerChef
10-15-2015, 15:32
It's easy. If NOBO turn left onto the road. If SOBO turn right onto the road. Either way, keep going until it dead ends. The inn is at that intersection across a stream if memory serves me correctly.

The Cleaner
10-15-2015, 21:10
Log Cabin Rd is a little over a mile from Allen Gap.To the right the road dead ends at a cabin on the NC side.To get to HH turn left and go up hill a bit then it levels off and reaches HH at about .7 of a mile.

cdk4091
10-16-2015, 09:20
I stayed there in February '13 and enjoyed it. Owners were very hospitable. FarmerChef is right-on with directions; seemed like it was about a mile off the AT.

Airmed802
10-20-2015, 15:16
Very nice people. Opened up in winter for two of us and cooked a great meal. Highly recommend. It was about a mile and the road dead ends into it if you head trail west. Just cross the small bridge and you're there.