PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flop 2 year plan

squeezebox
10-25-2015, 21:36
I'm thinking of a 2 year flip flop. I know that Danger Dave and Jimmy Jam and several others made it about 1/2 way and hope to finish next year. I didn't get very far before a torn rotator cuff but also hope to do some distance next year. I'm thinking it might be wise to scale down my expectations to the 2 year plan. I don't need to prove anything to anybody by finishing in 1 year. I'll probably start at the flip flop kick off and head north. Do as much training and wt. loss as I can before then. Also there are students and teachers out there where where hiking 2-3 months is all the time they can afford at 1 time.
So in Jimmy Jam's words "Lashers Rule" !!

My torn rotator cuff is about 2/3 healed how is your injury doing?

Slo-go'en
10-25-2015, 23:46
Yes, that's a reasonable plan. For the year 2, second half you could do a traditional Springer start too.

dudeijuststarted
10-26-2015, 00:23
NOBO from HF rules. The weather is mild, the sites & shelters are all yours, and the hostels are happy to see you.

Great plan. Have fun!

climbingbear
10-26-2015, 02:42
I'm with you starting after flip flop kick off this spring. SciFi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bubblehead
10-26-2015, 04:04
That's exactly what I'm doing. I only want to be away from home 3 months tops. My plan next year is to hike Springer to HF beginning late April, that way I'll be just behind most of the bubble heading north. Then in 2017, hiking HF to Kahtadin beginning early May. Can't wait!