PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze Living Nativity

Moxie00
12-05-2005, 22:14
As the holiday season approaches many churches and towns celebrate with "Living Nativity" scenes which are reenactments of the first Christmas. Why should Whiteblaze be left behind with the talent we have? Lets get together at this joyful time of year and do A Living Nativity.Of course Baltimore Jack would play Joseph and Blister Sister is a perfect Virgin Mary. Wingfoot will be the wicked King Herod that orders the census that carries them to Bethlehem. Wingfoot will also play the part of the ass that Mary rides. The baby Jesus, dressed in a swalledling tractor shirt will be played by Billville's own Jester. For rejoicing Angels we have Attroll, Sargent Rock, Dixicritter, Mother Nature and Gypsy and perhaps The Old Fhart who looks very angelic when he isn't hiking. The Three Wise Men would best be played by Weary, Lone Wolf and Warren Doyle. TJaliastj, Rickboudrie, and Smokeymtsteve are perfect Shepards tending their flocks in the hills and DMA can play the star in the east that guides them if he hasn't lost his headlamp. We have many animals to gather around the manger, Lobster. The Goat, Bearfoot, Lone Wolf (when he isn't being a wise man) Alligator, Nightwalker, Big Dawg. Dances Wirth Mice, White Dove, Mouse, and Hog on Ice. Of course Lion King can play any part he wants because he is the Lion King. :clap

rickb
12-05-2005, 22:37
I love it!

Purity of a different sort.

tiamalle
12-05-2005, 23:08
As the holiday season approaches many churches and towns celebrate with "Living Nativity" scenes which are reenactments of the first Christmas. Why should Whiteblaze be left behind with the talent we have? Lets get together at this joyful time of year and do A Living Nativity.Of course Baltimore Jack would play Joseph and Blister Sister is a perfect Virgin Mary. Wingfoot will be the wicked King Herod that orders the census that carries them to Bethlehem. Wingfoot will also play the part of the ass that Mary rides. The baby Jesus, dressed in a swalledling tractor shirt will be played by Billville's own Jester. For rejoicing Angels we have Attroll, Sargent Rock, Dixicritter, Mother Nature and Gypsy and perhaps The Old Fhart who looks very angelic when he isn't hiking. The Three Wise Men would best be played by Weary, Lone Wolf and Warren Doyle. TJaliastj, Rickboudrie, and Smokeymtsteve are perfect Shepards tending their flocks in the hills and DMA can play the star in the east that guides them if he hasn't lost his headlamp. We have many animals to gather around the manger, Lobster. The Goat, Bearfoot, Lone Wolf (when he isn't being a wise man) Alligator, Nightwalker, Big Dawg. Dances Wirth Mice, White Dove, Mouse, and Hog on Ice. Of course Lion King can play any part he wants because he is the Lion King. :clapMoxie you deserve a 100:D

Big Dawg
12-05-2005, 23:10
Nice!! :D

dixicritter
12-05-2005, 23:26
That's really funny to picture in my head. Thanks Moxie! :D

Frosty
12-05-2005, 23:45
TJaliastj, Rickboudrie, and Smokeymtsteve are perfect ShepardsI hope the shepards don't carry those long, heavy wooden poles with the hook on the top. Maybe they can get carbon-fiber poles. Also, the Wise Men ought to watch their Myrrh closely, or the shepards will smoke it.

Nean
12-06-2005, 02:01
Good stuff!:clap

titanium_hiker
12-06-2005, 11:04
heheheh- very funny. Except it was Caesar Augustus who ordered the census and Herod who was out for Jesus' life. :D

No room in the shelter.... LOL.

Moxie00
12-06-2005, 11:25
heheheh- very funny. Except it was Caesar Augustus who ordered the census and Herod who was out for Jesus' life. :D

No room in the shelter.... LOL.
You are very correct about Herod.:datz I am many things but not a Biblical Scholor. By the way, I left out the part of the innkeeper with no room for them. Only Miss Janet could play that part and I bet she would make Jack, Blister and Jester sleep in the stable even if she had room.

Blister
12-06-2005, 14:18
I truly cherish the wit however feel a little sick at the idea of having Jack as a husband. Thank god Mary was a virgin!!!!!!

:dance :dance :dance :dance

Tha Wookie
12-06-2005, 14:21
ouch. :datz

Jester2000
12-06-2005, 17:43
Taking my cue from Boston, I object to this, and want it to be referred to as a "Living Holiday" scene.

Hey, if I'm Jesus, can I turn water into Beam?

Very, very funny, Mox. This sort of thing is the reason I always like being just behind you on the trail. Your register entries always brightened my day. Happy holidays!

Jack Tarlin
12-06-2005, 17:59
Very funny, Mox!

Tho I must say, I have a few qualms with some of your casting.....Blister Sister as a chaste woman and paragon of womanly virtue? And me as her spouse? Geesh, that's kind of a long stretch. If you'd ever seen some of my attempts at carpentry, I don't think you'd still see me as Joseph. And Warren as a wise man? Well, perhaps, but then he'd also be the one coming by the manger every few hours to see if anyone wanted to buy his book or seminar on "Planning Your Flight to Egypt.....Without Luggage!" Weary would be ushered out of the manger the fourth time he woke the infant child with an entreaty to support the Galilee Land Trust. I dunno about Smoky Steve tending his flock.....tending his garden might be more like it, depending on the de-criminalization laws in Palestine at the time. And you totally left out Wookie, who'd be the loud guy in the town square screaming about the lack of truth in Bethlehem tabloids, and the need to smash the tin-pot corrupt puppet state of Herod, who was never properly elected in the first place, and survives as a tool of globalized demonic conglomerates. And lastly, Jester as the infant Lamb of God?

I dunno. The Messiah might indeed come in our lifetime, but when he does, I just don't think he'll be a Philadelphia Irishman.

However, Lone Wolf as a Wise Man works.

Nice post, Mox, Merry Christmas!

smokymtnsteve
12-06-2005, 18:37
Jack right now I tend a "flock" of 63 dogs...also two horses in the barn .

today I'm actually building a new "manger" for one of the horses hay..along with receiving a 2 ton shipment of hay later this week...There is more to being a shepard than just hanging out in the fields at night watching the northern lights :D

so if nothing else with the two tons of hay I have coming in I'll be able to supply all the grass needed for the nativity ; of corse I don't usually donate to xian causes, but if someone needs some grass for health reasons,,,(like keeping a child warm) I do have my principles that are over and above the immoral laws of any regime.

as to gardens..even though it is warmer today than it has been recently (we just had the coldest Nov. in 18 years in FBKS) ,temps above 0 F today ,but just above (we have a chinook blowing), and with the short hours of sunlight
less than 4 hours and still rapidly getting shorter sunlight hours and lower angle everyday. (we are losing about 5 minutes of sun a day) it is NOT very conducive to gardening right now...BUT THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

as to tha Wookie, I see him as playing the part of John the Baptist...he even has "the look"...REPENT, REPENT, REPENT!

so what is the gift that LW will bring the babe..EXXON stock?

Tha Wookie
12-06-2005, 19:05
Prepare a pathway for the Lord's coming!!!!

Every tree that bears no fruit shall be cut and burned. Under W. So will the ones with fruit!

REPENT! :D

Alligator
12-06-2005, 21:01
Wookie as John the Baptist, living on wild honey or some such.

Mouse
12-06-2005, 21:06
But which should the Inn be? Miss Janet's? Kincora? The Cabin? Shaws?

Lone Wolf
12-06-2005, 21:07
Jack right now I tend a "flock" of 63 dogs...also two horses in the barn .

today I'm actually building a new "manger" for one of the horses hay..along with receiving a 2 ton shipment of hay later this week...There is more to being a shepard than just hanging out in the fields at night watching the northern lights :D

so if nothing else with the two tons of hay I have coming in I'll be able to supply all the grass needed for the nativity ; of corse I don't usually donate to xian causes, but if someone needs some grass for health reasons,,,(like keeping a child warm) I do have my principles that are over and above the immoral laws of any regime.

as to gardens..even though it is warmer today than it has been recently (we just had the coldest Nov. in 18 years in FBKS) ,temps above 0 F today ,but just above (we have a chinook blowing), and with the short hours of sunlight
less than 4 hours and still rapidly getting shorter sunlight hours and lower angle everyday. (we are losing about 5 minutes of sun a day) it is NOT very conducive to gardening right now...BUT THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

as to tha Wookie, I see him as playing the part of John the Baptist...he even has "the look"...REPENT, REPENT, REPENT!

so what is the gift that LW will bring the babe..EXXON stock?
Gift. A new Taylor Made driver. New sandals with soft spikes too.

smokymtnsteve
12-06-2005, 22:18

How about UJ's..then Johhny sends then on to Overmtn shelter..

as UJ would tell them no room for all the commotion there..."U can't hang around here " he would say " having babies and a bunch of visitors coming by..what do ya think this is a flophouse???? this is a BUSINESS and I don't have time for any *******"

DMA, 2000
12-08-2005, 04:23
While I appreciate that you think I'm a big star, more likely I would be someone else who could not find room at the inn. Like Mary and Joseph, (though much earlier) I too slunk off to the manger. Unfortunately, that petty tyrant Herod sent the authorities to roust me in my sleep. (Yes, that sounds small time, for him, but you might recall that he incited the slaughter of the innocents a year or two later...during the census, I'm sure he was hoping for a nice, high count, in hopes that it would encourage the government in Rome to send more pork...er, corned beef...his way). Thus was the manger cleared of my presence in time for the arrival of Jack and Blister and the birth of Our Lord. (By that time, what few centurions were still awake were most likely correcting the grammar of local grafitti artists). I spent the night under a bridge several miles outside of Bethlehem, and was awakened in the morning by a leper.

The Old Fhart
12-08-2005, 12:15
Moxie00-"........For rejoicing Angels we have Attroll, Sargent Rock, Dixicritter, Mother Nature and Gypsy and perhaps The Old Fhart who looks very angelic when he isn't hiking." Ah, Moxie, you saw thru my disguise. ;)

gumby
12-08-2005, 12:20
For the Inn maybe one of the AMC shelters, they were full of day hikers and wouldn't let the thru's inn.:-?

Gumby

the goat
12-08-2005, 12:23

it should be shaws b/c they've got a manger & stall out back where they keep their cattle to fatten up, just before slaughter.