PDA

View Full Version : The Metacomet-Monadnock Trail

DivaDTT
12-05-2005, 23:14
I hope this is an alright place to post this...

So has anyone ever hiked or thru-hiked the M&M? I heard they did a lot in the past few years but I have also heard horror stories about rivers that are impossible to get across, etc.

Anybody?

Frosty
12-05-2005, 23:24
I hope this is an alright place to post this...

So has anyone ever hiked or thru-hiked the M&M? I heard they did a lot in the past few years but I have also heard horror stories about rivers that are impossible to get across, etc.

Anybody?Well, it does cross the Connecticut at the Holyoke Range. And you thought fording the Kennebec was troublesome...

There was another ford that the guide book said was doable, but the "ford" was behind a shopping plaza. The bank was muddy and garbage-strewn, and the depth of the dirty water was impossible to determine. Not something I was interested in.

DivaDTT
12-06-2005, 09:13
Doesn't sound too appealing...
You'd think they would have come up with some solutions by now.

dudley
12-06-2005, 12:47
I read a trail report some where that the hiker had trouble "fording" the
Mass. Pike
.......:eek:

DivaDTT
12-06-2005, 17:14
haha. oh man thats terrible. I still don't wanna give up hope on it though. I've heard it can be great.

neighbor dave
12-06-2005, 20:01
watch out fer that westfield river!!!! heard about people usein' canoes ta cross that mighty river!!!:jump :jump :jump :jump :bse :bse :bse :banana :banana :banana

Frosty
12-06-2005, 20:37
watch out fer that westfield river!!!! heard about people usein' canoes ta cross that mighty river!!!:jump :jump :jump :jump :bse :bse :bse :banana :banana :bananaWestfield. I think that is the one I wouldn't ford. Is that the muckhole behind a KMart or something like that?

DivaDTT
12-06-2005, 21:11
The muckhole behind the Kmart? haha that sounds really bad.