PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Area Shuttle

short_trip
12-06-2005, 12:45
Hi,

I am willing to do shuttles from the Atlanta/Gainseville area for those headed to Springer.

I only charge what you think it is worth...people are usually fair in what they pay. For me it costs my time, gas, and wear and tear on the car.

I prefer to drop at Amicalola, but will go to Springer if needed. Once I pick you up plan on 1.5 hours to Amicalola, 2.5 to Springer.

I prefer to pick up in Atlanta, rather than Gainesville. I usually ask people to take Marta (subway) from the airport to the Dunwoody Stop. Saves miles and time for all.

Be concious of time of day...rush hour is the pits in Atlanta. After 4PM on a weekday is not a good idea. Lunch time is pretty good. Weekends are fine.

I will take you by REI to pick up fuel and last minute items.

Since I work, it would be best to come on Sat/Sun...though I can usually work it out for other days if you give me notice. A week ahead is best, two is even better.

I have hiked for years on the AT, so if you have gear or preparation questions, just let me know.

If interested; Email [email protected]

Thanks,
Short Trip

dperry
12-09-2005, 02:37
Short Trip, have you informed the ATC of your availability? It would be great if you were on their list, as well as posting here. Thanks.