PDA

View Full Version : Canisters in Europe

squeezebox
11-08-2015, 19:05
What about the availablity of canister in Europe?

Venchka
11-08-2015, 19:35
Just like here. Same valve. You will have to find outdoor stores like here. Shouldn't be hard to find in outdoorsy towns. I know where to find them in Brussels, Bruges and Budapest. [emoji3]

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Dochartaigh
11-08-2015, 19:42
In Ireland and Scotland I was able to find mine at a campground store. Saw them at a sporting goods store as well. I could have been lucky that the first store I went to had them, but I have a feeling they're easily accessible as long as there's a couple campgrounds around or sporting good stores. I forget if they were the exact Iso-Butane blend we have here, but the threads fit my Primus gas canister stove perfectly and burned normally.

I'm traveling to Norway next summer and hope they're as easily found there as well (although when a medium size pizza from Pizza Hut goes for $40 USD in Norway, I'm sure I'll pay a pretty penny for them ;)

bigcranky
11-09-2015, 07:45
(although when a medium size pizza from Pizza Hut goes for $40 USD in Norway, I'm sure I'll pay a pretty penny for them ;)

Most of that is the delivery charge. :)

Odd Man Out
11-09-2015, 09:39
Optimus and Primus are Swedish companies and their canister stoves are both are marketed in Europe. One you know where you are going I would contact a local trekking club and they would be glad to help.

QHShowoman
11-09-2015, 12:16
Easy to find at any outdoor stores or "big" box sporting good stores.
XXL Sports is a sporting goods retailer in Sweden/Norway (think Dick's, but better) and they had a surprisingly robust selection of camping gear.

bikebum1975
11-09-2015, 19:56
Should be easy to find. I have a number of European friends that use them regularly same brands as here

lkmi
11-09-2015, 20:57
I found plenty of canisters on a recent walk in Wales.
Problem was, they were all jumbo sized.
I didn't find a small one until a camping superstore in Porthmadog.
Unfortunately, that was two days after I'd finished my walk...

gunther11
11-14-2015, 06:37
Germany is also no Problem, in every larger town you will find canisters either i n DIY Shops (Baumarkt) or in outdoor Shops.

Oslohiker
11-17-2015, 10:52
Easy to find at any outdoor stores or "big" box sporting good stores.
XXL Sports is a sporting goods retailer in Sweden/Norway (think Dick's, but better) and they had a surprisingly robust selection of camping gear.

You can get them at hardware stores and some gas stations too. In some rural grocery stores they have them too, and at some camping grounds. They are readily available. Especially in Norway and Sweden, most people do either camping or hiking. This is therefor a high selling product.

Btw, I think Dick's are just as good as XXL, just a little bit different.