PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Eos 1P

DivaDTT
12-06-2005, 17:18
I'm thinking about replacing my Sierra Design Sirius with the Marmot Eos 1P. Has anyone had any experience with it?

MisterSweetie
12-06-2005, 18:27
I was in REI the other day and tried this tent on. I loved it. However, very unfortunately, it's too small for me. I'm about 6 foot 1 or 2, and I barely fit in there, not to mention being in there in a sleeping bag. There's not room to sit up, but that's probably not a huge deal. My main concern is the length. If you're over 6 feet, this is not the tent for you.

Set up for the tent was great. I loved the clawlike clips that attached to the poles. They seemed to work very well. The fly doesn't have a huge vestibule, but probably enough for a pack and whatnot.

There's a vent, and a window also.

Like I said, I loved this tent, but it's just too short for me. I'm very disappointed about that. Had it not been, I'd have probably walked out of REI with one that day. :o

Hope that helps... not really a user review as much as general sizing info, but info nonetheless.

DivaDTT
12-06-2005, 20:30
no, that does help. I'm about six feet. I'll probably set one up and go on inside to see how it fits.
Thanks!