PDA

View Full Version : Section Hikes in Virginia

mikeharwood
11-14-2015, 19:15
I am section hiking the AT and I am currently hiking in Virginia. I usually do 3-5 day hikes and am going NOBO. I am currently near I77. I live in the Knoxville, TN area. I try to get out once or twice a month even in winter. I am 62 and hike average is 12-15 miles per day. I work part time at the REI in Knoxville. My employee name tag says Mike H.
Thanks.

Turtle-2013
11-14-2015, 19:49
Cool .. you had a beautiful day to hike today!!!! I am a section hiker as well, live just a bit north of where you are, and hike similar daily miles. I have done all but 15 miles south of NJ, so I'm up the trail from you. But, if you want to hike out of order and do a more northern section in the next few years send me a note. Also, if you need help with shuttling when you are closer to the Roanoke area let me know.

mikeharwood
11-16-2015, 21:08
Thanks for the reply. I have hiked 40 miles in PA because my mother in law lives near the trail. I have no problem hiking out of order. When is your next hike up north?

ChuckDempsey
02-04-2016, 21:45
Thanks for the reply. I have hiked 40 miles in PA because my mother in law lives near the trail. I have no problem hiking out of order. When is your next hike up north? MikeHarwood, are you still hiking Virginia? I'm looking to hike it as well in 2016.... Thanks