PDA

View Full Version : Mentor needed, somewhere in FL

La-Luna
11-15-2015, 11:39
I am a little rusty and am wanting to do a short hiking trip. If anyone is considering going out soon and wouldn't mind teaching a stranger the basics please PM me! If not if anyone can just have a conversation with me on here with basic question answering I would be very appreciative.

wannahike
11-15-2015, 11:48
If you haven't already, join the Florida Trail Assn. The Gainesville area has a meet-up site http://www.meetup.com/Crackers-FTA and you could check on the hikes they have planned.

La-Luna
11-15-2015, 12:43
Fantastic! I will definitely go check it out. Thank you.

perrymk
11-16-2015, 06:56
I think you can ask any question you like on WhiteBlaze and get an answer. If your questions are more FT specific, or even if they aren't, I suspect you'll find the FT section among the friendlier places to ask.

I am an assistant organizer for the Panhandle Pathfinders meetup group in Tallahassee. If you find yourself in this area feel free to contact me to participate in any local hike. I also have a PDF booklet I put together of local to Tallahassee trails. I am happy to email a copy to anyone, although it does need some updating it is mostly still relevant.

martinb
11-18-2015, 21:03
What are your questions? Plenty of experienced FL hikers hanging out in these parts.