PDA

View Full Version : How to find shuttle in GA/NC in about a week

daveiniowa
11-15-2015, 15:54
Going hiking in about a week. Logistics are up in the air right now. I may have a ride back to my car may not. Not sure where I will end up either. Starting at Dicks Creek Gap and then hiking for 4-5 days, maybe shorter or maybe longer not sure. If I make it to Wesser, or anywhere in between I will need a ride back to my car parked at Dicks Creek Gap. How can I find a shuttle for this?

map man
11-15-2015, 16:11
Here is a link to a list of shuttlers that the ATC maintains:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/at-shuttles574edd6668ce6efcb07bff000057c13a.pdf?sfvrs n=0

Pages 2 through 5 cover areas in Georgia and North Carolina where you will be hiking.

daveiniowa
11-15-2015, 16:25
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Map Man. Problem solved just like that! I printed this off and will be taking with me on my hike. Now I feel like I can go as long or as short as need be. Perfect.

daddytwosticks
11-16-2015, 08:18
Most folks find it preferable to leave their vehicles at the endpoint of a section hike, shuttle to the start, and hike back to the vehicle. Whatever works easier for you. Enjoy your hike. That's a great section. :)

Gambit McCrae
11-16-2015, 09:15
I recommend Ron Brown. He shuttled me on all my trips between Deep Gap and Approach

slbirdnerd
11-16-2015, 13:05
I've heard great things about most of the GA shuttlers. I used Joyce and Sally and they were terrific! You can even leave your car at their place.

daveiniowa
11-17-2015, 18:38
Thanks for the helpful info. We may stage one of the vehicles at the end but don't really know how long I will have to hike (may need to leave early) Looking forward to my long awaited hike (20 years since I've been on the trail). Hopefully the weather will be ok for the really short daylight we will have. Either way, I will be on the trail on Black Friday and not any where near mass public groups of socially acceptable norms so it will be all good!!