PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem with a stove and pot

jonywalker
11-15-2015, 23:15
so heres the deal, I have a whisperlite international. I have some evernew pots. The diameter of the pot is not big enough to sit on top of he pot support legs.I actually slides in between all three and makes contact with the burner. Anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. Also, any creative ideas on how to make it work ? Thanks guys and girls

Franco
11-16-2015, 00:34
If your Whisperlite is set up correctly and the pot slides in (any photos ?)I would suggest that your pot is far too narrow for that stove.
Not just stating the obvious, what I mean by that is that you will need to keep the flame very low not to waste heat up the sides therefore negating some of the good points of that stove like stability and being able to melt snow.
if those two points are not relevant to you , I would sell it and get a smaller type, possibly a gas canister stove.

Franco
11-16-2015, 00:44
BTW, I do realise that you are after some sort of adaptor/modification but apart from the fact that I don't know of one, I imagine it would be somewhat easy for the pot to tip over using one or simply increase by a good margin fuel consumption
(just a guess...)

brianb2
11-18-2015, 08:48
Photos always help

swisscross
11-18-2015, 10:54
MSR Whisperlite International is one of my all time favorite stoves.
Thing is just a freaking rocket.

Yet it is big, bulky and heavy by todays standards.

The only time I choose to use mine is when I will be cooking for more than just two people or melting snow.
In those instances I would end up with a large pot anyway.

My pot of choice for solo is a MSR Titan Kettle and it barely fits on the WL.
Guessing you pot is much narrower that the TK.

You pretty much have two options. Use a larger pot or a smaller stove.

Your intended use will allow you to make the best decision.