PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pack, Bag and Pad

La-Luna
11-16-2015, 21:02
You have one of those that you would be willing to offer; let me know. I am finally getting my gear together for my practice hikes and am looking for a good combo. Even if you aren't interested in selling just let me know which ones you loved!

Venchka
11-16-2015, 21:08
On the lower end of the temperature scale, I love my Western Mountaineering Alpinlite and Antelope. Sorry, I won't part with them.
The best advice I can give you is to buy quality once. It is always cheaper in the long run.
Good luck.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Gambit McCrae
11-18-2015, 09:24
On the lower end of the temperature scale, I love my Western Mountaineering Alpinlite and Antelope. Sorry, I won't part with them.
The best advice I can give you is to buy quality once. It is always cheaper in the long run.
Good luck.

Wayne

Wayne is both a smart, and wealthy man haha jk I don't know how well off ol Venchka is but WM DOES make good stuff. I have 2 WM bags but when Im not super concerned with weight I go with my montbells, they are still light but not as light as the WM.

I have a Big Agnes Qcore SL wide quilted pad brand new with tags Im selling for $109. they are around 219 online, I have one that I use and I love it. I also have a Gregory contour 60 pack I would let go for 100. No sleeping bags at this time though. The Gregory contour has good S style straps which work well for both men and women, and is lightly used, I hiked Georgia with it

poolskaterx
11-18-2015, 13:51
I'm not quite as high zoot, I have been very happy with my REI Igneo sleeping bag at a 19° it is just under 2lbs with lots of features and on sale was $230. I would love to have the WM but just can't quite justify.

Venchka
11-18-2015, 22:10
My granddaughter has my REI Summerlite that I bought in 1975. At the time, the Summerlite was the lightest goose down bag in the REI catalog. It is still working perfectly.
I sold some stuff to buy the Alpinlite.

Wayne