PDA

View Full Version : Tent Platform

Footslogger
12-07-2005, 17:07
So ...what do you think of my new tent platform ?? Complete with bars to keep out the bears. Actually it's the deck I just added to the back of the house, but hey, come summer I'm betting I might find a tent or two out there.

'Slogger

Mouse
12-07-2005, 17:20
Wow, incredible! :cool: And it has cleats and whatnot for all those guy ropes, right?

Footslogger
12-07-2005, 17:27
Wow, incredible! :cool: And it has cleats and whatnot for all those guy ropes, right?
====================================
That part is a works-in-progress ...

'Slogger

DebW
12-08-2005, 11:01
Hey Slogger. Why would you put a tent out there? Just enjoy the stars. Hang some mosquite netting if you needs it, and run into the house if it rains. Looks nice. Enjoy.

Footslogger
12-08-2005, 11:34
Hey Slogger. Why would you put a tent out there? Just enjoy the stars. Hang some mosquite netting if you needs it, and run into the house if it rains. Looks nice. Enjoy.
====================================
Good point ...we'll probably just use a thermarest and our bug bivies.

'Slogger

Stoker53
12-08-2005, 13:21
There are mosquitos in WY? I thought they all migrated to Middle Tenn. :-?

Footslogger
12-08-2005, 13:48
There are mosquitos in WY? I thought they all migrated to Middle Tenn. :-?
============================
Yeah ...but not many and the season is short. Good news though (having lived in GA for several years) is that we have no fleas or coocarachas. Last summer I hiked into a lake high in the mountains outside Laramie and couldn't have made it without DEET and my head net.

'Slogger

Grampie
12-09-2005, 09:31
Hi Slogger,
The deck looks like a nice place to check out you winter survival gear. You know, one of those -17 days.
Summer is not that far away. Happy trails. :rolleyes:

Tin Man
12-09-2005, 09:53
Looks like a very nice party-size tent platform. Where do your hammock hanging friends hang their hammocks?

Footslogger
12-09-2005, 11:10
Looks like a very nice party-size tent platform. Where do your hammock hanging friends hang their hammocks?
========================================
No problem ...have a set of laundry posts that I've used to hang my hammock many times.

'Slogger

saimyoji
12-10-2005, 11:44
Looks nice, just one thing....I didn't see a door from your house to the porch. Nor did I see a staircase leading up. Is this another technique to keep bears away? :confused:

Footslogger
12-10-2005, 12:31
Looks nice, just one thing....I didn't see a door from your house to the porch. Nor did I see a staircase leading up. Is this another technique to keep bears away? :confused:
=======================================
Nah ...no bears in Laramie. Stairs have been added since pic was taken. Door is a works-in-progress.

'Slogger