PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Break Hike - PA>Swatara to Port Clinton NoBo>Nov 25 to Nov 28

fullcount
11-24-2015, 09:17
I am hiking over the Thanksgiving holiday through Saturday. Wed, start at Swatara Gap / Lickdale iron bridge. Hiking four days and finishing up in Port Clinton. Driving up from VA, so anyone wanting to hike that section, glad to have the company. I am staging my vehicle in Port Clinton and can return to Lickdale on last day if need be.

Itinerary: Day one - Leave Swatara about 0900 - hike to Wiliam Penn Shelter for the evening (7.5 miles). Day 2 - Thanksgiving Day: Hike past 501 shelter and camp at Hertline campsite (9.7 miles). Day 3 - Black Friday - Hike to Eagles Nest Shelter (9.5 miles). Final day - Saturday - Hike into Port Clinton to pick up my truck (9.0 miles). Total 35.3 miles. Weather looks to be mostly clear with exception of Saturday rain. Temps in the 40 to 50's in the day and hovering about 30 at night. Not sure about water, but AWOL's guide looks promising. Let me know if anyone is interested in escaping the post Thanksgiving shopping madness.

I am driving up from VA this evening, so if you are interested, call me at Sevn 5 Sevn-449-Nine ate won Sevn.