PDA

View Full Version : FBC "thanksgiving" meal recommendations...

saltysack
11-30-2015, 21:57
Curious if anyone has luck mixing all the dry ingredients in a quart zip lock...adding recommended water then chicken bag.....
Stuffing mix
Instant potatoes
Gravy mix
Craisins
Chicken pouch....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocketsocks
11-30-2015, 23:06
I think there's a jelly bean that has notes of thanksgiving dinner, sage, giblets, turkey, with a sweet coconut ambrosia finish.

tiptoe
12-01-2015, 12:33
Chef Glenn's November newsletter just arrived in my inbox yesterday. It might be just what you are looking for:
http://www.backpackingchef.com/Trail_Bytes-trail-bytes-2015-11.html

bikebum1975
12-01-2015, 15:37
Never tried freezer bag cooking before but I've basically done this with a one pot meal it works just fine should be alright

Malto
12-01-2015, 20:12
I have done stuffing, dehydrated turkey (or chicken), gravy and dried cranberries. It was yummy. I wouldn't add the potatoes personally since that would make a mush.

saltysack
12-01-2015, 20:29
Thx all...ill try it first without the potatoes...it was the best trail meal I've had. Hopefully I can duplicate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiptoe
12-01-2015, 21:35
I'd try it too, but we have already wolfed down most of the leftovers.

WingedMonkey
12-01-2015, 21:52
Just got back from a local trip today....with the weather still warm here it was 10 days of no cook....even the turkey day dinner.

I added the usual amount of water to the stuffing, but cold (if Florida water is ever cold) and with out margarine.

Then added the pouched chicken and Craisins.

To my surprise the stuffing was ready to eat almost immediately. The herbs developed more flavor after sitting a short period, like maybe 15 mins.

Was a great no cook meal, might add some walnuts next time.

Desert was instant banana a pudding and dry milk shaken (again with air temp water), it was great too.

:sun