PDA

View Full Version : Oh great, another bear problem to worry about...

waywardfool
12-01-2015, 14:24
Bear Rape!!

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/01/apparently-leonardo-dicaprio-got-raped-by-a-bear/

Offshore
12-02-2015, 08:29
I wouldn't believe any story in the Daily Caller quoting the Drudge Report. Now put the bear spray down and go back outside...

Old Hillwalker
12-02-2015, 08:33
This supposedly happened to a female hiker once. Sure enough, nine months after the incident the baby was born with bear feet.
and a bear ass.

Rmcpeak
12-02-2015, 08:35
Saw three bears on recent hike in SNP. First, a big male (I think) running AWAY FROM ME at about 25 yds. Then, a Momma and cub at about 75 yards. I made a lot of noise in both cases. Momma and cub must have felt they were far enough away from me because they didn't budge. I just kept on hiking (loudly).

I like to think of them as big raccoon. That helps at night.

u.w.
12-02-2015, 12:54
This supposedly happened to a female hiker once. Sure enough, nine months after the incident the baby was born with bear feet. and a bear ass.

Wasn't the entire body bare, in fact? 8-]

Saw three bears on recent hike in SNP. First, a big male (I think) running AWAY FROM ME at about 25 yds. Then, a Momma and cub at about 75 yards. I made a lot of noise in both cases. Momma and cub must have felt they were far enough away from me because they didn't budge. I just kept on hiking (loudly). I like to think of them as big raccoon. That helps at night.

Sorry I missed your question about "was I parked at the 522/Trail crossing". I suppose I ought to refer back to things I post more often. Yes, it was there.

I saw a stack of bears in the northern half of SNP as well. My fist in a tree - at arms length from me no less - and it came down, lol, and ran off - before I could get my camera out and on. Saw seven more that morning. Saw two the day prior, and two the day after - for a total of eleven. None of which wanted anything whatsoever to do with a hiker.

Funny you say you think of bears as big raccoons. I've always thought of raccoons as little bears, lol.

u.w.

Coffee
12-02-2015, 13:04
I can hardly wait to hear the revised set of "concerns" friends and family habitually bring up regarding the monstrous bears I'm likely to encounter on my next trip. And I thought I got enough Deliverance jokes when I hiked the Foothills Trail last winter ... lol.

PAFranklin
12-02-2015, 14:04
Here is a guy I encountered on the MST earlier this year. He moved on when he got down wind of me.