PDA

View Full Version : WTB stuff and/or compression sack lot

MudDuchess
12-06-2015, 09:58
Trying to get at least 3 for down sleeping bags (help, I don't know liters) and also trying to do for 3 hikers. Pillow sacks anyone? Just starting out, so plenty of gear to go, trying to work on the thrifty side if possible. Are you using alternatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolex
12-07-2015, 02:30
Trying to get at least 3 for down sleeping bags (help, I don't know liters) and also trying to do for 3 hikers. Pillow sacks anyone? Just starting out, so plenty of gear to go, trying to work on the thrifty side if possible. Are you using alternatives?

I personally have got away from using compression bags.
They make a hard ball that leaves room around it in the pack to stuff around.

the latest best "way" for me,(learned right here) is to line the pack with a trash compactor bag, stuff the sleeping bag,sleeping clothes, and my kindle paper white in it. This pushes the heavier stuff up on you back for better carrying also.

YMMV

MudDuchess
12-07-2015, 13:05
Ok forgive me...kindle paper white?

egilbe
12-07-2015, 13:41
Kindle paper white is an ebook reader. Holds thousands of books. Can find it on amazon. It doesnt work if it gets wet

Casey & Gina
12-07-2015, 13:55
Ok forgive me...kindle paper white?

http://amzn.com/B00AWH595M

I was hoping they'd release a new Voyage this fall but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

MudDuchess
12-07-2015, 16:31
Omg! I'm an idiot! Never did it cross my mind someone was toting their Kindle! I thought there was some other damn piece of gear I needed to add! :) Thanks for the bag advice! Now, to find the pack;)