PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Sax

PoppaZ
12-09-2005, 13:22
Anyone know where I could get a few different stuff sacks on the cheap? Most are at least 15 bucks. I'd sew them myself but I'd like different colors.

Z

hammock engineer
12-09-2005, 13:32
Check the REI outlet site.

fiddlehead
12-09-2005, 13:38
we sell them on our website: www.theunderwearguys.com (http://www.theunderwearguys.com)
I don't want to advertise on whiteblaze but i know we have them a lot cheaper than the above post recommending rei.
we only sell sil-nylon in 2 sizes, lots of different colors and i think they are $8 and $9 each.

Seeker
12-09-2005, 14:54
if you can sew, the walmart $1 rack always has some sort of thin nylon fabric in tons of colors... you can buy half a yard of three different colors and make your bags for $1.50... no, it's not silnylon, but it wil be cheap. you can always paint your own silicone on the nylon, whatever it's weight. they also sell screen-like material (wedding something or other...) you can make good bags from, and you can see what's inside.

SloHiker
12-09-2005, 15:06
I'm gonna try a few of these....he's only listing one size right now, but the price is pretty good with combined shipping on the purchase of more than one....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silnylon-Stuffsack-Backpacking-Camping-13-x-10-0-6oz_W0QQitemZ8732021813QQcategoryZ2020QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

c.coyle
12-09-2005, 15:27
Just bought a few from Dancing Light Gear (http://trailquest.net/store.html). Very pleased.

On the other hand, buy from Fiddlehead and support Pennsylvania's economy. ;)

the1stranger
12-10-2005, 00:46
we sell them on our website:
I don't want to advertise on whiteblaze but i know we have them a lot cheaper than the above post recommending rei.

Then don't.

I don't want to post something about people advertising on whiteblaze but here I am!

I'll look at that site the moment you tell me you don't care if you advertise on whiteblaze.

bogey
12-10-2005, 01:59
Then don't.

I don't want to post something about people advertising on whiteblaze but here I am!

I'll look at that site the moment you tell me you don't care if you advertise on whiteblaze.

I don't consider that what Figglehead offered was any more "advertising" than if he said, "you can get 'em cheaper over at Billy-Bob's Bag Botique"

If someone knows of a better price or a better quality, or both, i'd rather hear about it than not.

:)

phatfish
12-10-2005, 02:17
Then don't.

The post was asking for cheap (at least less than $15) and in multiple colors. By all means if you sell exactly what a post is looking for speak up! No problems advertising when you sell what someone is actively looking for. :-?

Uncle Silly
12-10-2005, 02:39
... and here i was hoping for collapsible wind instruments ... :p

Youngblood
12-10-2005, 10:56
Fiddlehead answered requested information and offered his product as an option... I don't see anything wrong with that. Actually it was thoughful of him. Silnylon stuff sacks are kind of generic these days and lots of folks offer them for sale... however, sometimes there are features that distinguish them that may be worth the extra cost to some folks. For instance, some may have a flat bottom or bottom webbing or a dry bag closure or reinforced seams or whatever that adds cost and maybe value, depending on what you want.

Youngblood

Rambler
12-12-2005, 11:55
Why not goto owfinc.com. (or questoutfitters) They sell mutiple colors of silnylon seconds by the yd. (c.$5) 5 different colors cost $25 with enough material for several bags. Thru-hiker also sells material that is white,(can't remember the name) like Granite Gear sacks and is lighter than silnylon. With less than a yard, one can also sew a silnylon bag that will replace that garbage or compacter bag that you put all your gear in to keep it dry in your pack. I use pink, maroon, blaze orange, grey, green, blue, white...let's see, in what color bag did I stow my longunderwear, hmmmm...??? Breakfast in red, lunch in white, dinner in blue. Underwear in pink. See...no problem.

If all your sacks are the same color, change the color of the drawstring. You do not even have to know how to sew to do that.

Seeker
12-12-2005, 19:18
Then don't.

get off him... most people are here because they enjoy the discussions... some of those same people happen to be in the gear business, but prefer not to bring their business into these discussions... i think FH was just indicating that he prefers to come here because he cares to participate in the discussions, not because he can make a buck off us...

Footslogger
12-12-2005, 19:21
Here's another option. I have several of these that I carried on my thru in 2003.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=EQ1000

'Slogger

hammock engineer
12-12-2005, 21:17
I ususally don't like to post off subject, but I have to agree with Seeker on this. All of the people that have their own business and post on whiteblaze have been nothing but helpful. I have asked questions concerning the products that JRB and kickassquilts makes. I have gotten really good and informative answers from them, even though they knew that I was not going to buy anything from them. Patrick even posted his pattern for me to use.

I don't want to see this turn into an advertising forum. I don't think the people who own a business do this. They give info and help on things the know about. They usually say that their product is only one of many options.

Just Jeff
12-12-2005, 21:20
I ususally don't like to post off subject,

Then don't. I refuse to read your post until you stop posting off subject.

Just kidding. I agree with everything you said. Is this off topic? :datz

Smile
12-20-2005, 01:59
Great suggestions for bags, I ordered the kit and will give it a try...have granite gear bags now, they are way too heavy to take on trail!

Um, am I on topic?