PDA

View Full Version : I thru-hiked this year...check out my YouTube channel!

JustMikeHiker
12-17-2015, 05:47
New episodes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1xgeAwWP0&list=PL77eZy7r-HTuhB3y3VXgAJSoUxla9v-mT

Gambit McCrae
12-17-2015, 08:21
Good work neighbor! Ill be PM'n you shortly

Old Hiker
12-17-2015, 08:45
35 seconds into the first video, the F bomb. I quit watching. I’d LIKE to show my 6th graders what to expect on a Thru, but regardless of whether or not they already know or use that kind of language (and many of them do), I refuse to participate in the coarsening of society.

Gambit McCrae
12-17-2015, 08:53
35 seconds into the first video, the F bomb. I quit watching. I’d LIKE to show my 6th graders what to expect on a Thru, but regardless of whether or not they already know or use that kind of language (and many of them do), I refuse to participate in the coarsening of society.

I've prolly seen more drug use, drinking and cussin on the AT then anywhere else and I've only walked 800 miles of it. Why even post on his thread if you didn't enjoy it? Is you saying that your not going to show a random guys youtube playlist of walking in the woods for 2000 miles to a middle schooler going to change absolutely anything on the trail or this guys chosen language? I didn't think so

So There I Was
12-17-2015, 09:19
Justmikehiker - Truly Awesome brother. Thanks for this. I gotta ask, can you give me any tips, meal plans, gear to avoid...Or packing list in general.

I have done some sectional hikes and I have some experience in Alaska. I am going to do my thru hike in five years after I retire. Anything you can tell me for preparation to that would be great.

Gambit McCrae
12-17-2015, 09:41
Justmikehiker - Truly Awesome brother. Thanks for this. I gotta ask, can you give me any tips, meal plans, gear to avoid...Or packing list in general.

I have done some sectional hikes and I have some experience in Alaska. I am going to do my thru hike in five years after I retire. Anything you can tell me for preparation to that would be great.

I haven't thru'd and probably wont for a long long time, but I have learned that best practice is to just hike, and to go without before I carry too much(within reason: food, water and warmth excluded)

chknfngrs
12-17-2015, 10:32
I also made it 35 seconds in, and found the censorship levels appropriate for sixth graders. Teach your own class, I guess. TYOC

saltysack
12-17-2015, 11:09
Thx for sharing...I'm jealous! What next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kibs
12-17-2015, 11:57
New episodes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1xgeAwWP0&list=PL77eZy7r-HTuhB3y3VXgAJSoUxla9v-mT

nice job Mike! I watched up thru part 8 Is there more available to watch? Love the "F" bomb!!:D

kibs

capehiker
12-17-2015, 14:38
Thanks for sharing, F bombs and all!

mainebob
12-17-2015, 16:18
Great video's. I can not wait to watch the rest.

jdavis7590
12-17-2015, 18:31
Great vids bro. Love the camera quality. Thanks for sharing!

saltysack
12-17-2015, 23:11
What is the you tube channel name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puddlefish
12-18-2015, 00:08
I swore off thru hike videos. They start off interesting then I get vertigo/motion sickness from all the panning camera shots.

tflaris
12-23-2015, 14:44
Congrats. Thanks for posting videos.

Cotton Terry
12-23-2015, 15:13
These are some of the better quality videos I've seen of thruhikes. Also not wild about the language, but nothing you can't see in any NFL game (if you can read lips) or prime time tv, for that matter. BTW, not as bad as A Walk In The Woods movie. You could span the Bering Strait with those F-Bombs.

When did you start? I always appreciate dates on when you reached various landmarks because I enjoy tracking the progress of the hike throughout the videos.

msupple
12-23-2015, 23:06
F bombs were my favorite parts! Sixth graders probably swear more than any other grade. The bleeps would have made them smile. Enjoyed the videos very much.