PDA

View Full Version : Lightheart Gear customer service: Outstanding

BrianLe
12-20-2015, 01:23
I bought a Lightheart Solo tent for my 2011 CDT thru-hike, and it's been my favorite tent ever since. I really like this design. It uses my trekking poles as an internal frame, is a hybrid "almost" double walled tent for about the weight of a single walled tent, I can sit up in it --- and without having to scoot my butt around to do so --- and it puts the interior space right where I want it.

However, I have about 4000 miles on this tent, and the end loops were getting frayed and the little zippers increasingly wonky. I was convinced that it wasn't just the zipper pulls, but the zippers themselves (I had done the "crimp the pull with pliers" trick multiple times).

I contacted Judy Gross of Lightheart and she quickly got back to me suggesting I send it to them to take a look. In very rapid fashion, both zipper pulls were replaced and the stake loops at both ends were fixed at a very reasonable (I would say "low) cost and the tent is now back in my hands today. Yes, this quick turn-around happened in the busy holiday season. I plan to hike the southern half of the Florida Trail next month, and had resigned myself to bringing an older (and heavier) tent, thus I'm really happy with the quick response.

So now I can add "great customer service" to my reasons for recommending Lightheart tents.

Gads, this sounds like it could be a paid or otherwise reimbursed endorsement. It's not, nor was anything like this solicited by Judy or anyone else. I'm just feeling pretty pleased with them right now!

Kookork
12-20-2015, 09:28
This happens when the owner of the company is a hiker herself and loves the hiking community in general. She added a second pocket to my camouflage Solong 6 without charging any extra.

HeartFire
12-20-2015, 09:31
99% of all repairs are free - you just pay for shipping both ways. If you leave your dog in the tent, and it makes a new door through the window - Yeah, I'll charge for that repair, but zippers and minor wear and tear is always free. Most tents get repaired the day they come in.

Judy - LightHeart Gear

4Bears
12-21-2015, 15:35
99% of all repairs are free - you just pay for shipping both ways. If you leave your dog in the tent, and it makes a new door through the window - Yeah, I'll charge for that repair, but zippers and minor wear and tear is always free. Most tents get repaired the day they come in.

Judy - LightHeart Gear

Now that is true service and sign of a company with confidence to back their products! Having just recently purchased a Solo Awning, it makes me happy that I chose Lightheart Gear!!!

eblanche
01-04-2016, 21:46
As a former solo owner (due to current needs and funds), I certainly agree with your testaments. I bought my solo brand new and received exceptional service when I had questions/concerns.

I would not hesitate to buy and/or recommend again. Excellent tent design and super easy to setup!

Feral Bill
01-04-2016, 22:05
Yes, she is as good as they come.

peter_pan
01-06-2016, 11:30
Customer Service does not get any better than Judy's at Light Heart Gear.

Pan

Berserker
01-06-2016, 13:12
Judy is a cool lady, I met her on a section hike in 2014 (up in NH). My only "complaint" is that she was using a Solong 6 that she let me check out, and wouldn't ya know I eventually ended up buying one :D