PDA

View Full Version : Head/sweat bands question

LAZ
12-28-2015, 00:38
Even with minimal exerrtion, my face/brow sweats a tremendous amount compared to the rest of me.One problem with this is trying to keep it out of my eyes which get very irritated from all the salt build-up. I generally just carry a bandana and constantly mop my face splashing water on my eyes, but I don't want to have to use the amount of water for this that I normally do. The older headbands I've tried in the past don't even seem to be around any longer but they also weren't that effective. I've been looking at headbands for athletes and see, at least from the Amazon reviews, that Nike has a headband which sounds really effective - the Dri-fit Head Tie 2.0. It's pricy for a piece of fabric, but not if it's the best tool for the job. I'm just not sure it is. Does anyone have experience with this sort of fabric? Is there a source for just buying this material and sewing it up yourself? One thing that might be a problem - I had imagined a band I could wear a hat over for sun or rain or cold protection, but it sounds like these things work by holding the sweat until you wring them out, whichsounds like it would be hard to wear anything else on top of. What other solutions for this have people found to work?

v1k1ng1001
12-28-2015, 01:37
I use headsweats brand head bands from amazon for cycling, basketball and summer hiking here in south texas. The more expensive, thicker band does a better job on the trail while the cheaper version fits better under a hat. More generally, you're looking for a cycling head band because the low profile is designed to fit under a helmet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

daddytwosticks
12-28-2015, 07:39
I am a heavy sweater, especially from my head. To make matters worse, I wear prescription glasses. I find a simple 100% cotton bandana worn as a headband works well for me. I usually carry at least 3 (including the one worn). As they get saturated, wring them out, rinse when you find a water source, and safety pin to your backpack to dry out. Sweat management is a personal thing and you'll just have to find what works best for you. :)

Cheyou
12-28-2015, 08:47
http://store.haloheadband.com

v1k1ng1001
12-28-2015, 19:05
I hate that plastic strip in the halos but some really like it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk