PDA

View Full Version : Quilted Long Underwear

reh1966
12-11-2005, 00:01
Does anyone know where you can get quilted long underwear? I used to have some and would like to get some more for sleeping purposes. It seem like all I can find now is either silk, polypro or duofold. Thanks.

Reh1966

SGT Rock
12-11-2005, 10:14
Go to an Army surplus store and look for field pants liners and field jacket liners.

2Ply
12-11-2005, 11:06
cabelas has down long underware that looks pretty warm

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005054920152a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=down+underware&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.22&Go.x=26&Go.y=10&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=down+underware&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

neo
12-11-2005, 21:44
Does anyone know where you can get quilted long underwear? I used to have some and would like to get some more for sleeping purposes. It seem like all I can find now is either silk, polypro or duofold. Thanks.

Reh1966

this is what i use:cool: neo

https://estore01.site-secure.net/abernathys-military-surplus/docart.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=58

https://estore01.site-secure.net/abernathys-military-surplus/docart.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=59

Nightwalker
12-12-2005, 00:58

Reh1966
My newest isn't quilted, but it's dual-layer stuff. Wool and polypro, layered up nice. Wal-Mart.

Remember the UnderArmour thread? I got a case of the fookits and just went for warm and cheap!

Lanthar Mandragoran
12-12-2005, 16:04
My newest isn't quilted, but it's dual-layer stuff. Wool and polypro, layered up nice. Wal-Mart.

Remember the UnderArmour thread? I got a case of the fookits and just went for warm and cheap!

dual layer WOOL and polypro at walmart? Hot damn! Where'd you find that? and when? all I ever found was dual layer polypro / cotton (which actually works okay since the cotton doesn't contact the skin) or straight cotton (not even straight poly).

Mags
12-12-2005, 18:38
The hunting section of XYZMarts tend to sell the wool/poly blend this timeof the year. I actually have two of these tops I wear ever so often during the winter.

Pretty warm. Alas, no zip top (which I like for winter use).

Nightwalker
12-13-2005, 05:44
The hunting section of XYZMarts tend to sell the wool/poly blend this timeof the year. I actually have two of these tops I wear ever so often during the winter.

Pretty warm. Alas, no zip top (which I like for winter use).
And a Remington mock turtleneck fleece shirt and a Winchester zip fleece jacket with GREAT pockets, all in the sporting-goods section. I've bought a lot recently from Sam W's big ol' store. That used to be nonsensical, but they're getting a lot better recently.

All four pieces for around 55 bucks, total. Good stuff, I tell ya, no matter what brand was on 'em.

NightTyper

Just Jeff
12-13-2005, 10:39
I found 100% poly fleece pants at Kmart for about $8. I need to add some elastic at the ankles, but other than that they're great. Maybe a bit bulky, but so is wool.