PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight Micro stream LED

Wise Old Owl
12-31-2015, 16:01
After an introduction to a free Stinger Flashlight at work, and finding out Streamlight is well recognized by the police and fire companies. I thought it would be cool to add a review of a better flashlight to have in one’s pack. There was a time when it was Maglite I am aware – but is side by side tests there isn’t a good comparison as Stinger & Microstream is brighter, compared to the LED Maglite’s I own.

So today I wanted to review a 1 ounce Microstream by Streamlight I just picked up. The LED is 35 lumens and a run time at 2.25 hours. It features a sealed switch and 1 AAA battery included with the purchase. The sealed switch is momentary and if you push harder it will lock on. Too bright to look into it features C4 LED and that is brighter than most other LED flashlights. It also sports a lanyard and a special clip that runs in two directions – 1 for clipping on pockets and the same clip is rolled back for baseball caps. At one ounce on a dark path at night it really lights up the trail very well. So I am adding this to my ten essential bag for back up.

http://www.aotacticalgear.com/image/cache/data/Streamlight/microstream_switch-end_enlarged-500x500.jpg

What happened to the Gear Forum?

kimbur96
12-31-2015, 18:11
thanks for the review

Toolumpy
12-31-2015, 23:45
Was given one by my work, carry it in my pocket every day.

fastfoxengineering
01-03-2016, 23:21
Been carrying a microstream every day for the last 3 years. It's been through hell, multiple hikes, and multiple trips through the washing machine. I'll never ever go a day without a flashlight ever again. Too many uses. If this thing ever breaks (the coating is pretty much gone), I'll instantly replace it with another streamlight.

I also have a few tactical flashlights and weapon lights from them and all have been top notch and taken a fair amount of abuse.

I think they're just as high quality as surefire.

Fastfox

Turk6177
01-03-2016, 23:32
Maybe you could use the clip to put in on the brim of a hat to be used in place of a headlamp. At 1 oz., I don't see a real reason not to carry both.