PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

Mrs Baggins
01-01-2016, 15:51
:banana Hi all! As you may recall I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in late January 2015. Surgery showed it to be Stage 4. During the year I had two more surgeries - one to place a pump to drain a very bad abscess that developed from my pancreas being nicked during surgery and another to remove a piece of the bottom of my left lung after I developed a hideous lung infection. I was 59 years old and had not been in a hospital since the birth of my son in 1986. Suddenly I was spending what seemed like half the year in the hospital. I was put on chemo, every single week starting in late February. The initial pathology after surgery showed that my surgeon got all of it (removed all of my lady parts, my spleen, and my appendix), and two PET scans during the year, the last one being just a few weeks ago, were completely clear. I had my last chemo this past Monday, Thanks Be to God and to all who spent the year keeping me in their prayers, and am on the road to full recovery. I do have a problem with scar tissue after the lung surgery - it's very painful and has kept me on painkillers this whole time - but now I'm in a deep tissue massage program every week to break it up and relieve the awful pain. I have every intention of getting back on the trails asap! I will have to start out very slow, just a 1/4 of a mile at first and work my way back up to my 10 - 15 miles a day ability. Hubby and I plan to walk the Camino de Santiago this coming September. We WILL do it. Nothing is getting in my way this time. Nothing. I lost 50 lbs very quickly in the past year and much of that was my leg, butt, and arm muscles that got me up and down those mountains. I will be working with a personal trainer to get those muscles back. I want to regain 20 lbs and no more. I was too heavy and I knew it, so now is my chance to make that right. I've missed you all! Keep praying for me and sending positive vibes my way. ;)

Hikes in Rain
01-01-2016, 16:04
Wow, you've been through the wringer! Good to hear back from you, and welcome back! Here's hoping the next year goes much better.

johnnybgood
01-01-2016, 16:08
Wonderful to hear things are on the up and up . Thought about you the other week when I came across an old post of yours .
I'll send good vibes your way for a continuous of good health .

Happy New Year !!

illabelle
01-01-2016, 18:21
Wishing you all the best! Hoping that your good news is an indication that 2016 will be a good year... :)

Feral Bill
01-01-2016, 21:13
We have missed your posts. It is good to know you are on the mend. Looks like a better year coming up for sure.

shelb
01-01-2016, 21:53
So happy to hear from you! Wishing you well in 2016!!!

shelterbuilder
01-01-2016, 21:58
I'll be praying for you during the New Year. Sounds like you've really been through the wringer, but are coming out the other end with a good attitude. Don't PUSH too hard, but STRETCH yourself at every opportunity - you'll get there. (You may recall back in 2007 when I had my voicebox removed to stop my cancer, I was in the hospital for - only - 3 weeks, but within 6 weeks of discharge, I was climbing trees to prune open some views along the trail WITH A FEEDING TUBE JAMMED IN MY SIDE!) Listen to your body as you regain your strength, and don't let anybody tell you that you can't do what you want to do. "Just do it!" Keep us posted.

scrabbler
01-02-2016, 00:07
Glad you're back and are winning the fight! Prayers and good vibes from me!!

squeezebox
01-02-2016, 01:21
Glad you're back, but don't over do it and get hurt.

mikec
01-02-2016, 12:49
Welcome back Mrs. B.!

squeezebox
01-02-2016, 21:20
Fight! Score! Win!!!